Rebuild regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighoss

Reaction score
So when I bought my sanke the guy gave me a co2 tank, regulator, beer faucet, and shank. All these items sat out in the weather for years. I was wondering if it would be possible to rebuild the regulator. The gauges seem to be the parts that didn't handle the weathering very well. I was hoping that I'd be able to replace the gauges and wouldn't have to purchase a new regulator. Thanks in advance.

So when I bought my sanke the guy gave me a co2 tank, regulator, beer faucet, and shank. All these items sat out in the weather for years. I was wondering if it would be possible to rebuild the regulator. The gauges seem to be the parts that didn't handle the weathering very well. I was hoping that I'd be able to replace the gauges and wouldn't have to purchase a new regulator. Thanks in advance.

You can buy rebuild kits for most regulators. The gauges are standard and not expensive. The problem is that when you total that up you could buy a new regulator for only a little more and a used one for even less. Personally, I would look for a used one on Ebay or Craigslist. Keep your eyes open and you can usually snag one for $20 or so if you are patient.

It is a PITA to get those gauges off! At least mine was when I had to replace one. Your probably talking $20 to replace the gauges, or $40 for a new one so it is worth fixing if you can.

It is a PITA to get those gauges off! At least mine was when I had to replace one. Your probably talking $20 to replace the gauges, or $40 for a new one so it is worth fixing if you can.

It's unlikely that only the gauges will need to be replaced. The internal parts are probably shot as well after being out in the weather for an extended period. So, with the cost of a guts rebuild kit you will be approaching $40 anyway and you still have a used reg, not a new one. There are a lot of used ones in circulation.

Latest posts

Back