What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rye Aye, Captain!

20130815_191100.jpg

NIZZLE said:
Stopped at my LHBS to grab this guess what I'm making?

Oh and I brought a bottle of jalapeno cucumber mead with me and they loved it a lot thanks DC.

Hard Rootbeer.
I still haven't started my batch. I'm going to do it this weekend. It's settled. :D

Stopped at my LHBS to grab this guess what I'm making?

Oh and I brought a bottle of jalapeno cucumber mead with me and they loved it a lot thanks DC.

Awesome. Glad I have a market when I make it commercially lol. I should open a meadery here.. Thats is what everyone has been saying except the mead judges so fu (k them. My meads are good lol

LoloMT7 said:
Long drive with 4 kids but I finally made it home... Bad news is a thunderstorm started a fire while I was gone over 5,000 acres now only one mile from my house.

Screw it let's drink!!

Now there's something I don't miss about living out there. Hope you don't get evac'd or worse.

image-536519937.jpg

Grav sample from my first 'Flanders' aka Ned. I won't say it sucks, but it's got some butyric acid or 4ep going on and is thin. It's only been a little over 8 months, I'll see how it's doing in December before I write it off as a blender. I will say ecy02 is far better than wlp665. Might add some dregs hoping for complexity.

LoloMT7 said:
Long drive with 4 kids but I finally made it home... Bad news is a thunderstorm started a fire while I was gone over 5,000 acres now only one mile from my house.

Screw it let's drink!!

Breaking-in the glass very nicely. And quickly. Haha

Screw it let's drink!!

Hope nothing bad happens. When we had those bad fires here. I could see the smoke like that. It wasnt too far but never came that close. Sit outside with a water hose to protect your beer..uh.. your family

Had a Furious with parm crusted chick earlier. Now decided to pop my bottle of Sour in the Rye. I like this way more from the bottle than I did on draft. The few months has given the oak and fruit notes a little more room to shine, where the draft I had was primarily a lactic bomb.

Another grav sample. Hoping for something better after Ned. This started life as a bíere de garde, added Brett c, added blackberries, got weird, racked off berries and added some wort, and dregs from weyerbacher reserva, panil bariquee, and Odell's meddler.

image-695228042.jpg

Great nose. Cinnamon/sandlewood from the Brett c still shines through as well as the heritage malt. Flavor is a little more one dimensional, very lactic, almost citric crispness to acidity, no acetic. No off phenols or anything. Again, won't check in on this for a few months, but should make an excellent blender for some of my funkier batches. Looking forward to blending season!

Another grav sample. Hoping for something better after Ned. This started life as a bíere de garde, added Brett c, added blackberries, got weird, racked off berries and added some wort, and dregs from weyerbacher reserva, panil bariquee, and Odell's meddler.

Great nose. Cinnamon/sandlewood from the Brett c still shines through as well as the heritage malt. Flavor is a little more one dimensional, very lactic, almost citric crispness to acidity, no acetic. No off phenols or anything. Again, won't check in on this for a few months, but should make an excellent blender for some of my funkier batches. Looking forward to blending season!

How's your mouth feel today?

DisturbdChemist said:
Need to relax. Having a cigar and a saison. A well made saint arnold. its rare I'm saying that lol

Had the Icon Gold this weekend. My favorite of the Icons so far

Need to relax. Having a cigar and a saison. A well made saint arnold. its rare I'm saying that lol

View attachment 143120

That looks like an intersting brew from the 1 review on BA. Sounds purdy, too, take a pic.

How's your mouth feel today?

About a million times better than yesterday, thanks for asking! Cut back on the brain fuzz pills, looking forward to being done with those tomorrow and drinking a couple beers, maybe chewing something tougher than mac-n-cheese.

NIZZLE said:
Holly foook you got it good job. I got told I need Jesus today by the bosses wife for jamming to this :rocking:

Do I here a mosh pit :rocking:

Not sure Jesus could even help you. ;)

John Henry 3 Lick Spiker Ale, from Cold Spring Brewery. Ale aged on Bourbon-oaked chips.

Never heard of it before but picked up a 4-pack. Damn, it's good. Strong dark beer, but not a stout. Kind of sweet, but lots of depth.

That looks like an intersting brew from the 1 review on BA. Sounds purdy, too, take a pic.

About a million times better than yesterday, thanks for asking! Cut back on the brain fuzz pills, looking forward to being done with those tomorrow and drinking a couple beers, maybe chewing something tougher than mac-n-cheese.

Good glad to here it tooth pain sucks I don't give a fooook how tough you are.

One is my famous Belgian Wit, the other is a new one; preprohibition lager made from 6-row and corn. I switch from one to the other!

ForumRunner_20130820_221036.jpg

Had the Icon Gold this weekend. My favorite of the Icons so far

I agree. Ill probably get another 4 pack. Love saint arnold to have competition now. They need to step up there game. Very tastey saison.

nizzle, ill put one in trade if it doesn't take forever. Also, I'm planning to go to jester king for their artirial rubiside release next week :)

Back