Bait and Switch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
So, I ordered the Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone from AHS with the Pacman yeast option, it says so right on my invoice, but when the package arrived today it came with American Ale II yeast. I know a bunch of you have recently ordered rogue kits, anyone else have a problem?

So far I've really liked AHS so I'm a little perplexed, I plan on calling tomorrow and finding out what the deal is. I know quantities on the pacman were limited, but they never informed me of the change.

Anyway, I'm mainly just frustrated and wanted to know if you guys had any thoughts on the matter. I'll update after I talk to them.

I wouldn't say Bait and Switch, I would say they just screwed up.

I'd vote ran out also. In my copy of Beer Captured they have a Dead Guy clone and that uses Wyeast American Ale instead of PacMan. I've only had good results buying from AHS, I don't think it was intentional.

Maybe it was just a mistake, my HBS gets all their yeast in a single box, could be they just grabbed the wrong package.

Everybody that is brewing with Pacman needs to know that it is a limited release and may not be available long-term. If you ever thought about yeast culturing, this might be the motive you needed.

Just to update, I called AHS and they said it was their error and they are sending me the pacman yeast ASAP. I guess the American Ale II is what they normally put in the clone and the guy just read the recipe they printed up and forgot about the pacman.

Latest posts

Back