Need Input on BK Return

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebootersBrewing

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to work out how to put a whirpool return on my BK which is a 10 gal Blichmann Boilermaker. I'm using it on a Brutus style system so I figured I can leave the Brewmometer out and use my temp controller on the output to monitor the temps when chilling. So that leaves an already drilled hole in my kettle (i think the hole is drilled to 1/2" for the 1/4" threads on the Brewmometer).

*On a side note, Blichmann thankfully listened to customers and moved the Brewmometer placement down and inch or so. Having the thermometer at the 5 gal mark for a 5 gal batch didn't work too well.*

I was thinking a ball valve on the outside to a compression fitting on the inside with stainless tubing bent along the inside of the kettle to make my whirlpool. I've been staring at McMaster's site trying to envision all the parts I need to make this happen, and that's why I'm here.

I'm hoping someone here has already done something like this and can just post a couple pics of their setup.

Cheers!

Back