Placed in my first contest! woohoo!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picobrew

Biscuit Enthusiast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to thank everyone again for all the tips, advice, and amazing recipes that this site has provided me. You are all awesome.

I placed in my first contest (the first one I entered) just recently. It was a Fruit Beer contest that was run by the Oregon Brew Crew for members only. I placed with a tie for 2nd among 9 entries. I don't have the score sheet back yet. The contest was back in June but they didn't get around to tasting the beers until last weekend, which is a bit of a bummer because this beer isn't aging very well.

The recipe I used was derived from EvilTOJ's suggestions here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/mcmenamins-ruby-68755/ and my tweaks to the recipe are documented over there.

Nice! Congrats! I haven't had straight up Ruby in a while. I usually go with the Rubinator. Its Ruby with Terminator Stout. Ooooh so good. :mug:

After all that worrying...having to have solid, concrete numbers. It MUST be this way or that...You're doing good stuff over there! Congrats.

Major grats!!! One day I hope to have balls enough to enter one of my brews, more practice first!

That's awesome! I grew up in Oregon and the Rubinator was one of my favorite dessert beers. Great after a spicy tofu burrito! In fact, my next brew is inspired by their hammerhead.

Back