Electric Brewing For a Dummy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinBuckeye

Reaction score
I have been brewing for a little while now, and I would like to build an AG system this summer. Since I have plenty of time I would like to get some things in a row. I would like to build a control box, I have seen a lot of posts about wiring and everything, but is there a good thread out there that explains everything you need in the box for a PID and what not. I saw electric brewings website but thats a little more fancy than what i need. Id like a heating element in my HLT and Boil, with pumps and all.

Any input??

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend reading through the control panel build pages on TheElectricBrewery.com regardless if you are wanting it that fancy or not. I think once you read through those pages on TEB, you will understand enough to know what you can omit to make it not as fancy. That's what I did and it worked for me. I followed the sections I needed to and wound up with a great control panel that worked at the first turn of the key.

Of course, there are countless threads on here with peoples control panel builds. While they are great in their own right, I don't recall any of them being as detailed as Kal's instructions, especially for someone starting from scratch.

Yeah def read through theelectricbrewery.com control panel section. It is a Wealth of information and very easy to understand. Its what has inspired me.

Like they said above, read Electric Brewery and take the wealth of information Kal provides for free and modify one to fit your needs.

Back