Dry hopping in bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokopuff829

Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought of sticking a some hop leafs in the bottles before bottling? Would this work? Isn't it essentially the same as dhing in the keg?

Yes, we've discussed it. Some have tried it. Most result in gushers due to micro texture of the vegetation. At least, with the keg, you have 10 feet of line to reabsorb the carbonation. Someone needs to invent a hop widget, that emits a fresh extract into the beer upon opening.

Hex said:
Yes, we've discussed it. Some have tried it. Most result in gushers due to micro texture of the vegetation. At least, with the keg, you have 10 feet of line to reabsorb the carbonation. Someone needs to invent a hop widget, that emits a fresh extract into the beer upon opening.

Hey that's not a bad idea... You should get on that lol:)

Best. Idea. Ever. :mug:

I'm done with the patent process (revenue collection agency), I got one, never again. Run with it young brewers, and give me a thumbs up if you mean it.:mug:

I always had gushers with whole hops.

Dropping a hop pellet in there makes for great aroma, but you have to strain out all the bits... unless you like the bits. I forgot to strain a bottle once and handed a glass to a stranger.

He was pleasantly surprised, so you never know.

Back