HBS in the Denver area...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharres

Reaction score
I've noticed a number of people on here from the Denver area. I'm just curious if anyone can recommend a good home brew shop locally? I'm much rather support a local business than order online. I'm in the Castle Rock area, so something on the South side would be good, but not a requirement. Also, does anyone know if there are any active clubs in the area?

I'll second them, great shop and Dry Dock has some great beers. Fortunately Hop To It/Stomp Them Grapes is a block from my house...so from Boulder, it is an easy choice.

Beer & Wine at Home is on the South side of Denver as well, at 4393 S. Broadway. They're not as well stocked with equipment at The Brew Hut, but they are close to where I work. Good selection of grains, OK selection of extracts. Not a great place to buy equipment, because they tend to be pricey, but generally decent and reasonably knowledgeable people.

If I didn't live on the far west edge of the metro area, I'd go to TBH more, but it's a 45 minute drive.

Edited to add: With $6.95 shipping, Austin Homebrew Supply is always a good choice for mailorder. I've had fine experiences with them.

From what google maps tells me, the closest brew shops are all around 20ish miles away. That being the case, I will check out TBH.

The kit that I'm using now is from Beer and Wine at Home. Other than that, I don't really have much experience with them.

I've also heard that Austin Homebrew Supply is good, however I'm a huge proponent of supporting local business first. If i can't get something at a local shop, I'll check out AHS. Thanks for the recommendations.

EDIT: My brother gave me the kit, so I haven't actually been into B&W@H.

Beer at Home on the north side has been pretty good to me, so I assume the south location would be as good. Ask for Ben, who used to be my go-to when he was at the north location. Good selection of fresh grains. Hop selection can be spotty at times, but I'm guessing that's the sitch about anywhere these days.

There's one on Broadway, west side of the street, north of Bellview ...probably 10 blocks.

Matt and Andy run it...good guys. I visit when I travel to Denver.

wish i could remember the name...
it must be this one:

Beer & Wine At Home Inc‎
4393 S Broadway, Englewood, CO‎ - (303) 789-3676‎

Beer at Home on the north side has been pretty good to me, so I assume the south location would be as good. Ask for Ben, who used to be my go-to when he was at the north location. Good selection of fresh grains. Hop selection can be spotty at times, but I'm guessing that's the sitch about anywhere these days.

My only real complaint is that they don't carry Wyeast, only White Labs and dry yeasts. No big deal, except for some of the special release yeasts.

Another vote for The Brew Hut. I make the trip from Highlands Ranch without hesitation. The are a great resource.

Great question about local clubs. I haven't heard of any but would be interested. My neighbor brews, as do a few coworkers. Maybe we could start our own club in the south metro.

Do Your brew was open in Westminster. It just moved to new location.

9050 W 88th Ave
Westminster, CO

This is also a brew on premises if you are new Terry will train you in how to extract brew.

Good sleection of grain too.

Do Your brew was open in Westminster. It just moved to new location.

9050 W 88th Ave
Westminster, CO

This is also a brew on premises if you are new Terry will train you in how to extract brew.

Good sleection of grain too.

I had really bad service here, not a fan.

Back