Who's snowed in and brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjackson

Reaction score
A buddy and I are doing a Saison with blueberries tomorrow..might do another brew day on Sunday and do an All galaxy IPA. Hopefully we don't have to use our generator to keep the lights on

Some snow melted & the next storm isn't quite here yet. Brewing v2 of Hopped & Confused tomorrow. 1 step closer to my ale that thinks it's a light lager. Finally got the right yeast in a starter now.

Debating if I should brew the smoked porter I have ready to go.. It involves moving a stout to a secondary so I can get at the yeast, so I may hold off until I have an empty keg in which to move the stout, so I only have to move it once.

I'm brewing an American brown ale tomorrow. I just saw the coolest term on the news after which I am naming my brew: Thunder Snow!

Brewing a Midwest kit. Irish Red on Sunday.

Figure if i ferment for 2weeks and bottle condition for 4-- ready on St Patties day. Pretty stoked. (About the beer; not the snow)

Six inches of snow on the ground now and just finishing up a saison. Sunday is an Amber Ale.

I'm right off Cape Cod in Mass and right smack in the middle of the storm.. Brewing a Sierra Madre NB kit and if I still have power tomorrow I am plan on brewing Biermuncher's Centennial blonde and Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale.. both will be my first shot at partial mashing so I'm hoping the power holds out!

Also just tapped my keg of La Petite Orange so I'm enjoying being snowed in.. the lights are starting to flicker however..

I'm brewing an American brown ale tomorrow. I just saw the coolest term on the news after which I am naming my brew: Thunder Snow!

Thundersnow isn't cool. It's scary! Had some here a few weeks back. It was almost 70 the day before, about 55 at 6 am and snowing by around 3.

We got a measly 6 inches today (thats what she said) so no hopes of being snowed in. May brew a Hefe tomorrow, but will probably save the money and buy another keg instead :rockin: brewed the last 3 weekends in a row

I'm in saguenay, QC, Canada, and while it is not snowing right now it is like -35 C (-27.5F) outside... without wind chill. Glad I switched to indoors electric brewing !!!

Soo , tomorrow i'll brew a Blonde Ale to replenish my kegerator. This kind of brew goes fast with all those BMC friends coming over every weekend...

Happy brewing to all of you !

Cheers !

Only expecting 6 to 10" here. Not bad compared to what NE is gona get.

I'll bottle the wife's 12 gal's of wine,dry hop my Pliny and zombie dust, then might pull out the keggles and do a crisp spring beer that will benefit from some cold aging...hummm.....a Kolsch maybe.

Snowed in..... And reading the two homebrew books I just got, surfing the forum, and watching brew videos
. Everything I look at, I think... "I can ferment that!"

Still snowing south of Boston, but am forging ahead with my 3 gal bitter. BIAB

In the middle of a blizzard right now. It's saying 7 F and blowing and snowing like a %^&&$#. Could be up to 28 inches total.

I'm not brewing but almost at the point of dry hopping my best bitter as primary ferm is slowing. I also started drinking my 3 week bottled Wit. It's darn good.

Not snowing today,but icy & cold. I think I used too much DME in the 800mL starter I made yesterday. It still has krausen & the yeast isn't settling out yet. Still gotta go get another pound of plain light DME I accidentally used for the starter. Was supposed to use the extra light.

Just got my wort collected and it's on its way to boiling as I type. I can't get my car out of the garage right now so I am brewing in less than half the space I normally have to brew. It's tight, but I'll make it.

Screw the snow I'm brewin! Making a light lager for my girlfriend that I'll be adding pomegranate to later.

image-2094921971.jpg

kblankenship11 said:
Screw the snow I'm brewin! Making a light lager for my girlfriend that I'll be adding pomegranate to later.

Awesome pic; now im inspired! Almost done boiling my Irish Red here in Buffalo. Note the pathway only big enough to get into my garage/brewery. Cheers!

image-1534914130.jpg

Awesome pic; now im inspired! Almost done boiling my Irish Red here in Buffalo. Note the pathway only big enough to get into my garage/brewery. Cheers!

Nice!! It was a little sketchy carrying my kettle back in. But I made sure to salt and shovel a nice path...

Latest posts

Back