CO2 Leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
I finally sacked up and bought a 4-way regulator and hooked it up last weekend. I sprayed with Star San and found no bubbles. Thursday when I went to pull a beer nothing came out. 2 of 3 of the kegs I had hooked up had no CO2 when I pulled the relief valve. One keg kept pressure. I have been tightening every clamp, but still have a leak.

I have been trying pinpoint the problem by closing the valves on the 4-way and cranking up the CO2 regulator connected to the tank then shutting it off. But 30 minutes later the pressure on that regulator is back to 0. Is it safe to assume the leak is somewhere between the tank and 4-way input or will a tank that is shut off always loose pressure like that?

Same thing happened to me. Turns out it was the regulator where it attaches to the tank. Hope this helps.

So how did you solve the problem? I tried adding a gasket to the part as well, but still having the same issue.

Rockweezy,leave the CO2 bottle opened,your leak may be very small,there is not a lot of volume in the lines to the kegs,the smallest leak will drain the line to zero.I use a little soapy water to check for my leaks,I also used 3 inline check valve to each keg incase one should spring a leak.Also if there is no pressure in one or two of the kegs and your beer is new,maybe the beer absorbed the CO2,thats why you need to keep your bottle opened as the beer will absorb the CO2.

Back