Heron Bay Sauvignon Blanc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymark58

Reaction score
I was lucky this weekend to find at a garage sale a wine making kit (fermenter, glass carboy, hydrometer and four cases of wine bottles for $25.00. Also, a wine kit, Heron Bay Sauvignon Blanc. I started making wine earlier this year, mostly Orchard Breezin' sweet wines. The Heron Bay is a dry wine, which I do not care for. Also, no sweeting pack which I assume is normal for a dry wine. My question is, can I make this wine and sweeten it on the back end? I hate to not make it, but I won't drink it dry. Thanks.

You arn't out much to give it a shot. You will want to stabilize before back sweetening. I would consider picking up a fresh yeast pack. Hard telling how long it has been in the garage.

Nice score by the way.

I have never heard of a sweet (or even semi-sweet) Sauvignon Blanc.

Maybe there is a reason.

I'd make it as is and use it for give-aways and friends/visitors drinks.

After some brainstorming, I've come up with an idea. The directions say this wine ferments out at 12%, but I like my wine at 8%. Could I use 2/3 of the juice(with new yeast), stabilize and then backsweeten with the remaining juice? Would that work? Thanks

Back