Book Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billabong325

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm looking for some suggestions on a book that can explain the yeast and water conditioning requirements specifically for brewing. I'm pretty familiar with basic yeast processes and modeling(yeah bioprocess engineering!), but applied to brewing there is a gap I want to fill. As for water conditioning, I understand the science and see plenty of posts on it, but I was just curious if there was a good reference to talk about the two topics. Of course, I don't necessarily mean in the same book.

Thanks!

Bobby

I haven't read it as it just came out but Chris White and Jamil Zainasheff just released a book on Yeast. I imagine it will be pretty good. Signed copies at the Brewing Network store as well.

New Lager Brewing by Noonan goes into a reasonable level of detail on all aspects of brewing, water, malt, mash, hops, fermentation, etc...

Back