Help with vintage keggle build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAFFLE

Reaction score
I recently found a vintage keg on the cheap and was hoping to turn it into a keggle. I'm having a bit of trouble removing which i think was a very old tap from it though. I just wanted to check to see if anyone knew a better way to remove it rather than using my last resort of brute force.

Photoon2010-08-30at2328.jpg

Here's a top view:

Photoon2010-08-30at2348.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

Happy brewing

It looks like the coupler has a twist-lock, like a sanke. A little brute force doesn't hurt, as long as you're not stripping threads, etc.

That keg looks pretty awesome, since your drain will be lower than the average keg. Nice find!

and the valve is threaded in by the brass ring with the four slots. so you can go weldless. just get the tap out,then put a big old screw driver into one of the four slots,and use the hammer to unscrew it.

actually, that looks like the back of the valve. some one put it in backwards, so just get the big screwdriver out and hammer, and screw out the brass ring.

I got it out thanks to you all. Thanks a bunch. As soon as I can find a place in Winnipeg, Manitoba that will be able to cut the top off for me I'll be able to start my build.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back