Beer and hair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I decided that I didn't like gray hair today. I bought a thing of hair dye and am in the middle of a hair dye. No big deal, I know.

But, I'm drinking a PLINY while I wait.

Oh, and I didn't want to ruin any clothes, so I'm shirtless.

Bob just walked in, saw me sitting here topless, hair all wet and slimy and topped on my head, and drinking a Pliny. I'm wearing just a little pair of cargo shorts. He shook his head, shrugged and walked away.

I guess it didn't do much for my sex appeal.

But then he came back! And he looked at me fondly and said, "Hey! Can I have a sip?"

Seems that you've turned Mr. Bob on.

To IPAs, that is.

Yep, he's becoming a hophead. It's funny- the longer I brew, the more narrow our tastes become. Bob is the worst- stout? no. Kolsch? well, no. Please, only a hoppy APA or an IPA. Thank you.

Pics. Or it didn't happen.

Ok, I snapped a picture to prove it! You guys don't believe me?

well here it is- big as life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF5026.jpg

Yes, that is a bottle of Pliny the Elder! Jealous? Oh, you should be! A good friend from CA sent it to me.

Darn. Not even a topless reflection in the glass or bottle. Not even a perky shadow on a wall from the flash. ;)

So, I decided that I didn't like gray hair today. I bought a thing of hair dye and am in the middle of a hair dye. No big deal, I know.

But, I'm drinking a PLINY while I wait.

Oh, and I didn't want to ruin any clothes, so I'm shirtless.

Bob just walked in, saw me sitting here topless, hair all wet and slimy and topped on my head, and drinking a Pliny. I'm wearing just a little pair of cargo shorts. He shook his head, shrugged and walked away.

I guess it didn't do much for my sex appeal.

But then he came back! And he looked at me fondly and said, "Hey! Can I have a sip?"

:ban: SWEET!!

I think that's one of the the best things about getting older. You just don't give a crap about sitting around in your shorts, drinking a beer, with your hair full of chemicals.

It's perfectly normal. rock on!

Funny, funny stuff!

I wouldn't have reacted like Bob initially (shaking head and walking away)... I'd have taken the beer right away ;)

I have walked in on my wife in a similar situation (but not dying her grey hair), and reacted much differently. Come on, Bob!!

Arggghhh! After thinking of myself as a topless tranny and thinking of Rule 34, even I don't want to see myself naked. Poor Bob.

Hey, don't pre-judge what Bob likes, if he and Gnomey are into the same stuff, well, we just have to be tolerant.

And I don't want to know what Rule 34 is . . .

You need to use the leather bottle holder. The one with the studs and the RFID chip that puts out shocks if Bob tries to take it.

By the way, I've been dying my beard for years, but Kellie wants me to let it go white, which is also her last name, but probably not relevant.

By the way, I've been dying my beard for years, but Kellie wants me to let it go white, which is also her last name, but probably not relevant.

Probably not relevant, no.

Actually, TOTALLY FOOKING IRRELEVANT!! :)

So, what colour were you dying it? Green is nice this tim e of year.

You need to use the leather bottle holder. The one with the studs and the RFID chip that puts out shocks if Bob tries to take it.

David, thank god you're finally married - I'm a little concerned about the depth of your knowledge about RFID chips and whatever. Hopefully your marriage will be a release for these, umm, special interests . . . .

;)

Dang, and I was thinking you had come up with a way that beer helped keep hair healthy or grow better. My SWMBO is trying to get her hair to grow quicker and be healthier so I was thinking this was a good excuse to buy/brew more beer!

Latest posts

Back