CO2 tank damaged during shipping...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamstrong123

Reaction score
I have a CO2 tank that was damaged during shipping. I'm antsy in my pantsy to mess around with my new kegging system though so I was wondering if it this would be something I could fix myself. The manufacturer is a little slower getting back to me than I had hoped about a replacement. I'm attaching some pics. The valve handle is bent and I can't twist it open or closed. Everything else is intact besides the handle grip.

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

I have a CO2 tank that was damaged during shipping. I'm antsy in my pantsy to mess around with my new kegging system though so I was wondering if it this would be something I could fix myself. The manufacturer is a little slower getting back to me than I had hoped about a replacement. I'm attaching some pics. The valve handle is bent and I can't twist it open or closed. Everything else is intact besides the handle grip.

Don't even think about using it. I doubt a shop will fill it if its damaged anyway. There's a lot of potential energy stored in a tank like that. It can do some damage if its released the wrong way.

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=85894

Yeah, I expected that this would be the answer. I was just hoping it would be an easy fix and I'd get to try out my first kegging system. The new tank is being sent out now. Thanks y'all.

Yeah, I expected that this would be the answer. I was just hoping it would be an easy fix and I'd get to try out my first kegging system. The new tank is being sent out now. Thanks y'all.

I am guessing you are sending back the broken one? But if not take it along to the shop when you get the new one filled, best case just the handle needs replacing, worst case an new valve & hydro would be cheaper than a new tank and then you have a spare.

Back