Need a pity party....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
I have exactly, 1 beer left, a Belgian Ale (in a bottle). I had to stop brewing so that we could move and kicked the last keg last week. I won't be brewing again I fear for several months. I am thinking I will be mostly dry until I make another home brew but might get some commerical beer. :(

Look at your situation as a good chance to explore the beer frontier. While I rarely buy commercial beer (mainly due to me being a cheap-ass) I do enjoy trying styles and brands that I haven't experienced yet.

Research for the next wave of brew days :)

This gives you a chance to re-organize your brew area / redesign any faults in equipment. I've been wanting to rebuild my Keezer, but can't stand the thought of going without beer on tap now. This kind of situation would allow me to do that.

Look at your situation as a good chance to explore the beer frontier. While I rarely buy commercial beer (mainly due to me being a cheap-ass) I do enjoy trying styles and brands that I haven't experienced yet.

Research for the next wave of brew days :)

+1 to this. There is a lot of different beers to try. I always have fun doing it, but like Mad_Milo I too am a cheapskate.

Sounds like an opportunity to explore. There must be some bottle shops or brewpubs nearby. I'm about 50/50 homebrew/commercial and can't imagine having nothing but my own beer on-hand.

You must have a local fellow brewer to hook up with to help you brew up a batch. Call the local brew club or your LHBS store and see if they come up with a place for you to brew. If I was 3000 miles closer I would help you out and brew up a batch of IIPA. Any old excuse to brew is good.

The micro brewer filled corny keg idea is a plan as well.

Don't be stupid! Use your head!

Micro brewery filled corny kegs.

Can they do that? That would be an excellent idea! Perhaps I will call Sweetwater tavern and see what they say. I know you can get growlers from them. How do they fill a corny with already carbonated beer? Do they use a counter-pressure sort of filler?

Depends on the place if they will fill your corny and how they do it. Most here just drop it in your keg, for between 35 and 40 bucks.

It's kit cost, with no cleanup!

I would have a hard time moving to a new place and jumping into a brewclub cold-call-wise. :p

Don't be stupid! Use your head!

Micro brewery filled corny kegs.

Thats what I was going to say, you can get a 5 gal corny filled at your local brew pub/ micro usually for $40-$50. I just got one filled for $45 of a local brew pub just cuz im in between beers right now and wanted that corny filled :tank:.

I just wanted to say i hate all you you with micro breweries around you. AND I hate those you with the opportunity to get their beer in your kegs even more. That is all. PS, Can I live in your basements?

make a batch of apfelwein as soon as you move in.... takes 5 minutes, no boiling required...... you know you want to! Better yet, make 2 batches! make a starter, and make 5 1 gal batches!

OK i just called 2 microbrewerys, Sweetwater and Rock Bottom, both sell growlers but neither will fill a Corny, something about not having "label approval".

BTW: They do use a counterpressure filler and purge with CO2 first. Nice!

Does anyone in the DC Metro area know of a place that will fill my Corny?

Aw, that sucks. Flying Bison (the only standalone brewery in Buffalo) fills cornies for I think $45 (maybe $35; it ends in 5). But I also agree that you should explore new frontiers! I was running low and then have been brewing a lot more frequently this spring/summer so I went through a craft phase and am now back into 'homebrew only but I should probably finish off those last few bottles before they go bad' mode.

Depends on the place if they will fill your corny and how they do it. Most here just drop it in your keg, for between 35 and 40 bucks.

It's kit cost, with no cleanup!

I would have a hard time moving to a new place and jumping into a brewclub cold-call-wise. :p

+1 my first keg was filled by Michigan Brewing Company. $40 for 5 gallons of High Seas IPA!!

I've called several other places and most don't do this, or are too expensive to consider. Keep calling!

Unfortunately I dont think Dogfish fills kegs, i have tried everytime i go into the brewpub.

I know for a fact that Victory will but I just usually get my 6 growlers filled so I can have variety. BTW if anyone is in driving distance to Victory make it a point to grab some of the Hercules IPA that they have. Its amazing.

Back