Austin Texas Bulk Grain Buy - Over for 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys like the Canadian 2-row or is it because it is cheap? I tried carrying it once and the customers didn't seem to like it. How much are you guys paying per bag including shipping for the Canadian stuff?
Forrest

Forrest,

I've been using the Canadian 2-row for over a year and have no complaints. For a 55# bag, it's roughly $29.50, including shipping in the group buy (if my math is right).

I should be able to stock that grain for that price or lower. We are moving to an 18,000 sq foot store in February, so storing it will be no problem.

Forrest

I should be able to stock that grain for that price or lower. We are moving to an 18,000 sq foot store in February, so storing it will be no problem.

Forrest

Sounds like business is good. I know I'm doing my part;). Haven't made it to the store myself, but I will the next time I'm in Austin (which isn't often enough).

Forrest

thats great news.
where is your new location going to be?
i'm in on this group buy but if i can get the grain for close to the same price from you i'd rather get it from you...

I wont be able to start the group buy at my store until February after we have moved.

We will be on the east side of metric almost at research. Across from the back parking lot of Goodwill. We are the first building past Pep Boys on the east side of the street.

We are trippling in size this time. We have found that doulbling every 5 years wasn't working. We were lucky to find the ideal building 1.9 miles away, closer to 183.

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=7951+burnet+austin&daddr=9217+metric+austin&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=30.371042,-97.71987&sspn=0.010608,0.022638&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15[/ame]

Well, we reached our limit of 11,550 pounds of malt for this buy. That 5 pallets for a total of 210 bags.

Thanks for participating. Pictures to follow.

Cheers,

EdWort

wow how did I miss this?
meh, maybe next time. I have 2 batches to brew already from AHS. If Forrest is going to have prices like that , I drive to Austin often enough to pick it up.

I wont be able to start the group buy at my store until February after we have moved.

Hey Forrest, hope the move's been good to you and you haven't dropped any of your delicates:D

My question is if you're closer to a date for this group buy. I began brewing with you guys and now that I'm into all grain I'm looking for the next step! So I'll be planning on making the trip when you get things settled!

And thanks! :ban::ban:

I am planning a grand opening sale at the new store with grains and hops being at a very low price.

Forrest

I am planning a grand opening sale at the new store with grains and hops being at a very low price.

Forrest

Hey there Forrest! Got a date yet? I work a LOT and am wondering if and when I'll be able to pencil you in on the calender for an Austin trip :)

This will happen in early March. We will be moved into the new store at the end of February.

Forrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back