quick stir plate ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lackofstyl

Reaction score
I'm making my first starter tonight for this weekends brew and I was wondering when should I take the flask OFF the stir plate. I fiqured I'll let it go from tonight to sat. and just dump the hole lot in. Any other suggestions?

ahh, yes, i didn't see that it's for the weekend...

you could put it in the fridge after 24 hours, let it sit overnight, decant the liquid on top into a glass (taste it! :D), and let it warm to room temperature before pitching.

DeathBrewer said:
ahh, yes, i didn't see that it's for the weekend...

you could put it in the fridge after 24 hours, let it sit overnight, decant the liquid on top into a glass (taste it! :D), and let it warm to room temperature before pitching.

I should have hopped the starter :cross:
looks like i will slap the flask in the fridge tonight and decant in the morning.. is it easy to just pour off? I don't think my bulb surrenge can reach what needs to be taken out

It's pretty easy to pour off. Start gently and get the feel. You don't have to be perfect about it. The idea is to minimize the effect of adding the starter liquor to your wort and messing up your recipe. :)

TL

I have never used a stir plate but I understand that they can get pretty warm. If you are going to let it run that long, you need to make sure you don't cook your yeast in the process.

Back