Anyone ever drink a beer hard to kill a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't it just last month that you were dumping 2 kegs of oktoberfest?

Too cold to water the grubs?

Too cold? Naw, it's mid 80's today. Ouch.

I can't dump the Rye IPA (Denny's). It's way too good. My neighbor wields a very large monstah stein. He was already lit with 2 martinis in him when he came over. After 3 giant steins of that 7% IPA, he truly couldn't speak in full sentences, and for some reason emitted spittle with every other word. My wife and I had a hoot helping him through the bushes back to his house.

Yeah, my latest version of my Kentucky Common made with 05 has that "stone fruit" flavor that comes from brewing too low a temp on the yeast, especially with lower gravity beers, nothing wrong with it, I just don't like it as much as other things, and I've got a Chocolate Raspberry Belgian Porter about ready to go in the keezer, and I have my ipa on deck to brew. So I need to kill the keg, and can't seem to drink it fast enough.

To Passedpawn:

That's exactly what FRIENDS are for. I fill growlers and hand them out around the neighborhood. ;)
Edit: You have awesome taste in music if your tagline and signature lines are any indication.

To Revvy,

Care to elaborate? Or if it's another thread material/PM maybe we could discuss it that way? I have made some award winning big beers, and have always struggled with pales and blondes..and btw, I chronically ferment on the low side...

To Passedpawn:

That's exactly what FRIENDS are for. I fill growlers and hand them out around the neighborhood. ;)
Edit: You have awesome taste in music if your tagline and signature lines are any indication.

To Revvy,

Care to elaborate? Or if it's another thread material/PM maybe we could discuss it that way? I have made some award winning big beers, and have always struggled with pales and blondes..and btw, I chronically ferment on the low side...

Friends: yes, I wish I had more. My nature and work make me more of a loner. Sure wish I could pass out growlers on this forum.

Music: I guess we like the same bands then! At least today.

Pale Ales: Make Yooper's Pale Ale. It's simple and tastes great. All cascade.

I have a keg of amber I made a while back that my wife really likes. I need to keg a II IPA. I lifted the keg tonight I estimated about six pints. Do I ?
Drink all 6?
Drink about 5 let her tap it?
Or not drink any and wait?

I'm in the process of doing that now. Funny how the keg feels never ending, but if I wanted it to last it would have kicked after a half of pint.

I had friends freek out when they saw me dump the last few beers out of a keg. But we are brewers and some loss here and there is expected. I found a guy selling cheep ball locks and now I can save those last few beer kegs; those kegs are nice when you know someone is going to mooch beer.

Back