Why know how to bottle Harvest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleJeepXJ

Ah... Leafy Goodness
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well this is why... I ordered everything for my next brew, a dunkelweizen, The yeast came dead and no matter the supply company they will not refund them anyways. So if I were to order new yeast I would not get them for 3 days anyways since no one delivers on Sunday without having to pay an arm and a leg. So I went to the store and bought my favourite wheat beer and in a day I will have enough yeast for a starter... Guess the easy way out of ordering stuff is not always the best way. LEARN TO BOTTLE HARVEST!!:mug:

Or catch it wild.

All you need is a yeast lasso and some spurs to break'm in :D

Did you guys see that BrewingTV episode with the yeast nut that was doing that... that was some bold brewing. Don't want to be the first to taste that one!

Clem

Why know how to bottle Harvest?

Because come the zombiepocalypse it's having mad brewing skills like that that will make you "king of the sacred barley water" and folks will come from miles around to trade their nubile slave girls for your beer.

(At least that's my plan anyway.) ;)

Because come the zombiepocalypse it's having mad brewing skills like that that will make you "king of the sacred barley water" and folks will come from miles around to trade their nubile slave girls for your beer.

(At least that's my plan anyway.) ;)

That's my strategy as well! Brewin' the ol' Undead Guy Ale, and 12ga Stout

I harvested the yeast from a 6'r of cooper's sparkling ale I'm going to culture soon. Unfortunately the bottle said "best after6/18/09". Might go with what cooper's says & just do it in some water with a good amount of dextrose in it. I forget how much the 2 at cooper's (one a family member) said to use. It works well when re-hydrating. Just uses more dex to culture it for 2-3 days.

Back