Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20120110_120013.jpg

My first beer is still fermenting... but while I'm waiting, I designed these labels for the new brew. Hope you enjoy.

This is the label as designed in Adobe Illustrator:
319Label.jpg

Here's the printed label on a test bottle. I'm using kraft brown label paper that I purchased from OnlineLabels.com:
319bottle.jpg

Very nice labels. Did you do the art yourself? How did the Hoptoberfest clone turn out? Much like the original (I'm a big fan)?

Thanks, but No, I found the pics on the internet and photoshopped them. They're not being distributed so, I figure it's ok? Hobtoberfest is one of my favorites, I put it in the secondary last night. I tried to taste it, but got a mouth full of yeast and didn't try to extract anymore. Guess I'll know in a few weeks.

Here's one that I just put together. Still trying to decide on my brewery name.

BeerLabel.jpg

GTaylor said:
Here's one that I just put together. Still trying to decide on my brewery name.

Not sure if you know this, but Great Lakes makes RIS called Blackout Stout

Wus67 said:
Not sure if you know this, but Great Lakes makes RIS called Blackout Stout

Didn't know that, that was the name of the kit I got from the LHBS. Looks like I will have to come up with a different name.

Here's what i got so far... Got my first beer in the secondary and i will be kegging it... I dont know how I'm going to use this label yet... but here it is:

6184-red-tide-raspberry-amber-wheat.jpg

Here is a picture of my latest creation. Bradford Brews® Cream Ale. Simply a good easy drinking beer. Label created on MS Word. :-D maybe brewers best won't sue for using the B.

ForumRunner_20120112_194511.jpg

Damnit! Now tebow has made it into the homebrew world? Why won't he just go away?

some brewery had "Tebrew" on tap, had thousands of people wants to buy it, and they said it was a special brew and the only way to get it was to come into the pub. it sold out faster than a 2 dollar whore.

-=Jason=-

Here's my first label for my first all-grain brew. I'm not overly concerned about making the presentation all that fancy, but differentiating brews in the fridge
by a means other than a few letters sharpied on the cap would be nice. This one's a huge ripoff, but it's an inside joke with brew-pals.

Haus pale.JPG

johnnyearle said:
My first beer is still fermenting... but while I'm waiting, I designed these labels for the new brew. Hope you enjoy.

Here's the printed label on a test bottle. I'm using kraft brown label paper that I purchased from OnlineLabels.com:

Very nicely done. I like the fading effect. Combined with the brown paper, it looks very rustic. I like!

johnnyearle said:

Holy ...... that is beautiful. Time for me to step up my skills

What's with the QR codes? What do you all link to with them?

You can embed anything you want in them.

For instance if you want someone to visit your website with a smartphone, it allows them to navigate to your page just by scanning the code with their phone.

You could even embed the recipe for the brew in them.

To make your own just google for QR code generator.

Oh i know what a QR code is and how it's generated (I'm in the mobile software/logistics/mobile worker space..) I just think that unless it's really really relevant, it obscures the artistry of the label...

but, that's just me...

I see them on a lot of labels...

Oh i know what a QR code is and how it's generated (I'm in the mobile software/logistics/mobile worker space..) I just think that unless it's really really relevant, it obscures the artistry of the label...

but, that's just me...

I see them on a lot of labels...

I disagree, I like them...makes it look like a real label. As homebrewers it isn't required to put the surgeons general warning on the label. We do anyway because it makes it look like a real label. I don't think any of that takes away from the artistry of the label, in fact in think it does just the opposite. Makes it look like a label that you would find on the shelf.

Back