Parts List (McMaster-Carr)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
So, I've got a March pump en route and my bulkhead ball-valves sitting in the basement waiting for me to drill the kettles tonight and get everything fitted. McMaster's website makes my head spin with all the options; I'm going to fit brass QDs on both the input and output sides of the March pump but I can't seem to identify easily what parts I need.

So here's what I'm after:

1/2 inch QD set x 3 for my BK, MLT and HLT. 1/2 threaded for the plug side, 1/2 barb on the QD side to fit into the 1/2 inch silicon tubing for transfers.

The appropriate fittings for the March pump side. I'm guessing I need a female-female coupling so the 1/2 inch QD sets connect.

Help please! :D

6739K59 Male
6739K64 Female

I used the females on the 1/2" silicon hoses and the males on the pumps, bulkheads, etc works great. And yes, I used 1/2" female female ball valves on the pump outlets. You'll definitely want the ball valves on the pump outlets. I also recommend taking the pump head off and turning the inlet pointing down, makes priming a lot easier. Otherwise you'll fight it and curse it every time you try and prime the pump. These are far and away the most difficult pumps to get primed that I've ever worked with. I have used a lot of different pumps having a saltwater reef tank and none were so finicky.

Do yourself a favor and get the elbow female QD so that the hose doesn't have to make the turn.

Done! Order placed this morning, as a matter of fact. When you were running your CFC, where was the pump in the line from kettle to carboy?

Latest posts

Back