Homebrew Internet Video Channels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantheman13

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I like to kill time sometimes and watch homebrew internet videos. I am always on the look out for good YouTube channels and other internet video channels for content that is really geared towards homebrewing. It is just fun to watch how other people go about brewing beer, and there is a lot of information that can be gained by watching some of these channels! Here are some of the channels that I love to follow. Please post any channels that you think I should check out!

Instructional and Professional/Vender Style Channels
Brewing TV - Part of Northern Brewer and sponsored by the Brewing Network, all homebrewers should check this out.
Basic Brewing - These guys do a pretty professional video series, and they're pretty entertaining!
Bobby M's Channel - I love the detail in his videos. I wish he would do more!
Brew Beer and Drink It - Another cool how-to style channel.
Northern Brewer TV - Geared towards promoting their store, you can learn a thing or two from their channel.
Brewing Network's YouTube - Best known for their great homebrewing podcasts, this is their YouTube channel.
Zymurgy Magazine Videos - The official AHA magazine's videos.
BeerSmith Videocast - Videos of the Beersmith Podcast, very informative, highly recommended.

Personal Homebrewing Channels
CraigTube - This man has gotten thousands into homebrewing, including myself. He's inspired many to join the ranks!
Steeljan on YouTube - Her channel is mostly about homebrewing, and she documents some cool projects.
Jakecpunut on YouTube Channel - I found it fascinating watching the evolution of this homebrewer's process. Great stuff, Jake!
Weirdbeer on YouTube - Fo consistently updates his channel with hombrewing videos. His latest as of this post was a quick bottle bomb video. Very cool!
PeiHomeBrewer's Channel - Pei is a Canadian that brews mostly extracts.
Don Osborn on YouTube - A very active vlogger that shares his vast homebrewing experience. I've learned a lot from his channel.
Nostalgia on YouTube - A few homebrew videos and interesting projects such as electric brewing. Nostalgia promises more homebrew vids for us!
Tom Roeder on YouTube - Another All Grain homebrewer. Recently did a liquid vs dry yeast experiment.
BrewTubeUK - British chap that has a small and interesting All Grain setup. He also does interesting beers like Ginger Beer.
Makebeer on YouTube - An extract brewer that does a how-to's for extract brewing.
Joseph "terpsichoreankid" on YouTube - Very long, detailed how-to all grain videos. Grade A content!
Brewing TV on YouTube - Different, briefer content than the actual show.
Nige4958 on YouTube - Um... yeah.
HokieHomeBrew on YouTube - Another all grain brewer. Some really cool stuff on his channel.
Bmeyer44 on YouTube - Another homebrewer that is a part of the YouTube homebewing community. She does BIAB.
Immolateus on YouTube - A homebrewer in the CraigTube fanbase. Lots of informative stuff here.
StumpyJoeJr on YouTube - Ryan's San Diego Beer Vlog is mostly (really great) beer reviews, but he does enough homebrew videos that I include him in this list. Great hop garden documenting.
Grapestompers - Wine and beer making how-to's by ericrichards420. Great channel!
Brewvision - Unionrd's YouTube Channel; aimed at the beginning brewer.
Yambor44 on YouTube - Homebrewing vlogs, he is big into the homebrewing YouTube community.
Leedorham on YouTube - Lots of homebrewing tips on this channel, including full brew day footage. -
Tim from HomeBrewBeerRecipes - Very active YouTuber with how-to's and even occasional contests and community ideas.
HomeBeerBrewery - Homebrewing from the Netherlands, very active homebrew vlogger.
Glitch777 on YouTube - Craziness with Eric. Always has updates for Homebrew Wednesday.
BrokenCrj on YouTube - Another homebrewing vlog. He also does a lot of Homebrew Wednesday updates.
BillyBobDick on YouTube - A homebrewer that shares his homebrewing experience with us. He's a really nice guy to boot!
Hitau on YouTube - Pronounced "High-Taw". He is an active member of the Homebrew YouTube community.
[URL='http://www.youtube.com/beergeeknation"]BeerGeekNation[/URL] - Mostly craft beer reviews, but he does have some homebrew videos as well that feature an electric setup.
Tantrum777 - Jamison does mostly craft beer reviews, but also reviews homebrews and participates in Homebrew Wednesday. He makes a lot of high gravity, extreme beers.
TheEndosymbiosis - Another craft beer guy that also posts his brew days and homebrew reviews.
EpicBeerDude - Mostly craft beer reviews, but he has been doing a lot of homebrew videos lately with good tips.
Devon on YouTube - A UK chap who does tons of wine, mead, cider, and beer on his channel. More of a personal vlog style of channel.
HockyPlayer on YouTube - Beer rants, homebrews, and occasional anger management issues, HockyPlayer's channel is addicting!
WhatsBrewingUK on YouTube - A homebrewer out of the UK. He is doing mostly extract as of this post, but will be moving into partials and all grain soon!
MaximAvs on YouTube - A lot of good, unique tips on this homebrewer's channel. This fellow seems like a smart dude.
Dorf68 on YouTube - Homebrewing and general drunken entertainment.
DaytonBrewing on YouTube - Created the Homebrew Wednesday forum! Woot!
Mainebrewguy on YouTube - Great electric setup and do-it-yourself homebrewer.
Jakeanddar on YouTube - Cooky Canadian extract brewer.

Entertainment
BYOB TV - An elimination type game show put on by the Brewing Network.
Home Brewed - An up and coming web show about two chicks and their homebrewing boyfriends. They are just promoting it right now. The show is supposed to start next year.

nice collection. I recommend Brewing TV! Home Brewing TV is informative but something about the guy drives me crazy and I just cant watch it.

You forgot to add Take Some Advice. I dont understand how anyone could not find his stuff informative.

This made me laugh. The guy is a nut, but part of me thinks he is doing it as an act to try and get "rises" out of people. If so he does a great job at it. If he is 100% legit, then the man is certifiably nuts.

I find it odd that I'm in the "professional style" category when I'm mostly shaking camming the crap out of them with no script in sight ;-) Trust me, I'd love to do more but brewhardware.com is ruining my life ;-)

These are some great suggestions that I will have to check out. Brewing TV is a personal favorite and always deserve a shout out. I just like to pick up small tips and tricks; you never know who will teach you what so never stop looking.

Brewing TV is sponsored partly by the BN, but is not part of them. It is part of Northern Brewer.

The first episode I saw was when they were at Surly Brewing Co., and Jake was going on about his mustache "the Cobra". After seeing that, I didn't think I was going to like them, but the show has really grown on me. Now they are my favorite.

This is a great list, thank you for posting it. Hope it becomes a sticky!!!:mug:

I find it odd that I'm in the "professional style" category when I'm mostly shaking camming the crap out of them with no script in sight ;-) Trust me, I'd love to do more but brewhardware.com is ruining my life ;-)

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to classify the videos. I felt like you were a vendor, and your videos are more in depth. If you have a better idea on how to classify these, let me know!

Brewing TV is sponsored partly by the BN, but is not part of them. It is part of Northern Brewer.

The first episode I saw was when they were at Surly Brewing Co., and Jake was going on about his mustache "the Cobra". After seeing that, I didn't think I was going to like them, but the show has really grown on me. Now they are my favorite.

This is a great list, thank you for posting it. Hope it becomes a sticky!!!:mug:

I adjusted the Brewing TV description to reflect that. Thanks!

I think i've watched most of the ones listed including(unfortunately) takesomeadvice. I'm gonna add another, donosborn, he kinda seems like he's always had a few before filming but his stuff is pretty informative.

I think i've watched most of the ones listed including(unfortunately) takesomeadvice. I'm gonna add another, donosborn, he kinda seems like he's always had a few before filming but his stuff is pretty informative.

That looks like a great channel, I am definitely adding him to my list! Thanks!

Jake and Michael are definitely nerds, but I love watching Brewing TV. Their theme song cracks me up every time.

I'm in the process of uploading a brewday video right now. I compressed 6 hours of brewing into 20 minutes ;) No small task. No linky yet, still processing...

-Joe

Is it just a one off video, or a whole series/channel?
I have a few other brewing vids, but nothing instructive like this. I'm planning to do more. Can one Youtube user have more than one channel, so I can separate the brewing vids from the random other stuff?

Here's the video. Check out my channel for the other brewing videos.

-Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Electric brewing, cool. I don't think I've ever seen an electric brewing setup on YouTube. Also, your cat has a pretty good beer gut. Subscribed and added you to my list! Thanks!

I see most "pro" YouTubers create totally new channels for their side stuff. I'm not a vlogger, so I don't know if there is a way to organize videos or something. I haven't seen anything like categories within a channel as a user though.

...donosborn, he kinda seems like he's always had a few before filming but his stuff is pretty informative.

What?! I resemble that remark!

Sometimes perhaps I have, othertimes maybe that's my laid back personna. ;)

Glad to be mentioned here. Us common dudes making these vids have helped many people on their quest to get into brewing, or just do it better. If you have info to share, put it out there. It might be just the thing that someone needs.

cheers,
Don (Osborn)
St. Paul, MN

p.s. Not sure what the link was originally, but Basic Brewing Video is also a YT channel you can subscribe to (or subscribe in Itunes to Basic Brewing Video and Basic Brewing Radio (weekly audio podcast).
http://www.youtube.com/user/basicbrewing

What?! I resemble that remark!

Sometimes perhaps I have, othertimes maybe that's my laid back personna. ;)

Glad to be mentioned here. Us common dudes making these vids have helped many people on their quest to get into brewing, or just do it better. If you have info to share, put it out there. It might be just the thing that someone needs.

cheers,
Don (Osborn)
St. Paul, MN

p.s. Not sure what the link was originally, but Basic Brewing Video is also a YT channel you can subscribe to (or subscribe in Itunes to Basic Brewing Video and Basic Brewing Radio (weekly audio podcast).
http://www.youtube.com/user/basicbrewing

Hey Don, great stuff on your channel! I really like watching homebrewers do their thing on their own systems. It is interesting just to see what tricks other folks use, and the adaptations they make.

I recently found an Tom Roeder's All Grain homebrewer's YouTube channel, and added it to my list. His latest video will leave you wanting to watch more, trust me. Definitely check that out.

I added BrewTubeUK from youtube... he has an interesting All Grain setup. He also has weird videos about stuff like adding wood to cider and ginger beer. A bit lo-fi.

Thanks for adding my channel! I feel like I've learned so much but also feel I have so much to learn! HBT has been HUGE but also some of the other video channels have been huge for my learning experience as well.

I hope I can be of "some" help to home brewers.. I try to mix it up every once in a while too by just being my normal, young at heart, stupid self haha

Thanks for adding my channel! I feel like I've learned so much but also feel I have so much to learn! HBT has been HUGE but also some of the other video channels have been huge for my learning experience as well.

I hope I can be of "some" help to home brewers.. I try to mix it up every once in a while too by just being my normal, young at heart, stupid self haha

Jake, I think your channel is one of the most interesting ones because it shows how your process has evolved from an inexperienced brewer, to an experienced one. This is the kind of thing that vlogging is for! Thanks for posting your videos, and the honesty with which you do so!

nice collection. I recommend Brewing TV! Home Brewing TV is informative but something about the guy drives me crazy and I just cant watch it.

Something about his voice reminds me of John C Reilly's character on TAEASGJ....

Last edited by a moderator:
after watching all the TSA videos this one I just stumbled upon made me laugh

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/bmeyer44#p/u/6/Itez_HLeiDY[/ame]

-=Jason=-

I really enjoy terpichoreankid's videos, seems like a real likable guy. I'm also one of the many that googled "homebrew", watched craigtube's videos and got my start that way. I've moved to all grain, but still like watching craigs videos, no reason to knock him for extract brewing and kit brewing. He obviously is very happy with what he makes and I would love to try one of his brews.

I really enjoy terpichoreankid's videos, seems like a real likable guy. I'm also one of the many that googled "homebrew", watched craigtube's videos and got my start that way. I've moved to all grain, but still like watching craigs videos, no reason to knock him for extract brewing and kit brewing. He obviously is very happy with what he makes and I would love to try one of his brews.

just subscribed to him, watched a couple videos and like what I saw.

-=Jason=-

i got my start watching craigtube ... now i really like don osborn .. both seem like great guys ... i am friends with craig on facebook also .. a pretty neat character he is.

I am Fo from WeirdBeer.

Thanks for putting me on the list! I'm flattered!

Hi, Fo! I like your hop experiments... interesting stuff considering the climate of your area.

P.S. I am Arrogantbastardale on YouTube.

P.S.S. ever check out CraigTube's JustinTV stream? I should be hanging out there listening to tunes tonight.

Hi, Fo! I like your hop experiments... interesting stuff considering the climate of your area.

P.S. I am Arrogantbastardale on YouTube.

P.S.S. ever check out CraigTube's JustinTV stream? I should be hanging out there listening to tunes tonight.

Hey thanks man,

I subbed you channel. Well the hops thing yeah. Thats a fun little hobby. I think the climate here will make for some good hop growing. (In Southern Ontario it's either a frozen wasteland, or its hotter than hell). My real problem this year is that I didn't get my hops in the ground until middle of June which is way to late. Its kinda ironic that it took me so long because I got my rhizomes in the mail but was very busy so didn't get a chance to plant them. And then I went on Vacation for 2 weeks and checked out LA and Vegas so thats funny thats where you're from.

Also, the pride of ringwood Rhizome that someone mailed me from Austrailia took FOREVER to come up . . . But it did come up. . .. eventually. I'd say thats because our seasons are reversed and the plant never did get a rest. It grew all Australian summer and then I planted it for North American summer. The thing needs to hibrinate. Funny thing is that its flowering now and its pretty cold outside here now.

Nice to meet you buddy! Also I brought home a beer from Vegas called Widmer's Drifter Pale Ale. Thats a damn good beer. Wish I could buy it up here. You should try it if you haven't.

About the CraigTube thing, no I haven't checked it out live but I intend to very soon.

Back