What's brewing this weekend - June 28-29?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
My roofing neighbor is out of town and SWMBO is off riding horses, so it's brewday a Bee Cave Brewery.

I'm going to attempt my first 2 brew day. 10 gallons of Bavarian Hefeweizen and 10 gallons of Saison.

I'm going to ferment the 10 gallons of Saison at room temp in a 15 gallon polyethylene malt extract barrel. It should prove to be an interesting experiment.

If the turkey fryer gets here in time, I'll be popping my AG cherry with a Cherry Wheat from Midwest. No pun intended!

You're an animal.

I'm doing a variation of Jamil's witbier...10-gallons.

Sent the SWMBO to the Indian food store last night to get coriander seeds and she came back with coriander powder...;)

I've got 3 bottle conditioning and 2 in primary right now...so no brewing for me...(Though I will bottle on of them this weekend.)

It's going to be a busy weekend in town anyway...Tall Ships Festival, Vintage 1800's Base Ball Game and Fierworks on Sat. alone...

ALthough I may on Sunday try brewing a small batch of grocery store ingredients for the GAP experiment...That all depends.

Well I am working all weekend but I am going to bottle my Northern Brown Ale tomorrow, then my #2 batch of apfelwein will start in that carboy, and I am thinking another pale ale of some sort in the other open carboy. If I make good progress on the keezer today I might just brew up my first lager!

Well I figure if I can drink 10 gallons, rack 10 more into those two kegs, and then use those two secondaries for primaries for this upcoming batch, I can squeeze in a batch this weekend. Otherwise Im at full capacity.

I need to do something to get a good cake ready for the 999. But not sure if I'll actually be brewing this weekend or not...I'd like to, supposed to be a beautiful weekend.

Hmmm...I doubt I'll brew this weekend. Though I did just add kc superkleer to my munich helles, so it should be ready to go into the keg, which means I should probably get onto another lager. Perhaps a Munich Dunkel is a good follow-up to the Helles? I also need to do a Lambic at some point, but I need the bugs first...

Doing Jamil's Scottish 70/- this weekend, partial mashing. I've always loved scottish ales (but not so much wee heavies), and can't wait to have a good batch of this stuff around.

I'll be doing my 3rd AG batch. My Extra Red Ale. I'll be kegging my Light Summer Breeze and transferring my First AG batch to secondary on Friday. I'll brew on Saturday. I will transfer my extract version of my first AG to secondary on Sunday. I may transfer my mead to secondary as well. It's been sitting in Primary for about 2 months. Anybody think this is a bad idea. I want to give it about 6 to 9 months to clarify in the secondary. Should I use gelatin?

:tank:

I'm not brewing this weekend, but I will rack my IPA to secondary (after three weeks in the primary) and dry hop it with 2oz of Amarillo.

I'll be doing my third batch and will brew a Doppelbock. German beer in Puerto Rico. Go figure...

Delpo

Strong possibility I'll be brewing JZ's Irish Dry Stout; since I have all of the hops on hand lol (1 oz. EKG)... Otherwise it'll have to wait until next weekend. On the other hand I have 10 gallons to bottle this weekend; then 10 more the weekend after that. I love bottling.

Going for my version of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale, subbing in half the vienna with victory, 10 gallon batch, hopefully introducing my friend to all grain.

I got this
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7744
yesterday while brewing a Barleywine(to be bottled)
Today I did a Mild, so that's one of four kegs filled. I got some brewing to do. Good thing I'm on vacation:)
Still planning a Duvel clone, a Fat Owl Pale Ale and an Irish Owl.
That will give me 4kegs-4 completely different beers

I'm hopefully brewing 5 gallons of my IPA. This will be my fourth batch with this recipe. The last batch was great! (Slight tweaks along the way). This should be my first full boil, I'm really looking forward to it.

Going with my Best Laid Plans Oatmeal Stout (munich base malt instead of pale). I burned through the first batch of that really fast and then kinda forgot about it. :eek: Thanks to the_bird for bringing it up in a thread today!

Next weekend will be a triple decoction 100% munich malt Munich Dunkel, I can't wait to get that one going!

I'm going to be brewing Jamil's Belgian Dark Strong Ale sometime this weekend. It should be a good strong brew to have around for Christmas.

Waiting on the newcastle clone kit from Austin homebrew. (has anyone brewed this?] My first mini mash attempt. Ordered it on Monday, Don't think it will be here in time to brew this weekend though. You can look forward to my mini mash questions when the time comes.

Hopefully I will be knocking out a Dunkelweizen tomorrow and a Dusseldorf Alt on Saturday.

I might knock out a English IPA instead of the Alt so that I can get a nice yeast cake of WLP013 for an English Barleywine.

So many options so little time!

Just pitched my second attempt at a Young's Double Chocolate clone. This time I'm using semi-sweet chocolate instead of 100% cocoa powder. Last one was just bitter with no real chocolate flavour. :(

Cheers :mug:

Terje

I think we're bottling or kegging both a Rye Ale and a Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale. No brewing though - next weekend we're planning on it.

Back