First Time Brewing Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewire247

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm a first time brewer and I've run into a little problem. I left this morning with my wine fermenting and the brewing belt on. My room got a bit hotter than I was expecting during the day (due to the nice weather) and with the aid of the belt the brew reached about 32 degrees. Naturally it started bubbling through the airlock and spouted over the wall.

I was just wondering whether the brew is still any good to continue seeing as I only started it yesterday, I am currently allowing it to cool to room temperature (which is about 20 degrees now).

Thanks.

thewire247 said:
Hi.

I'm a first time brewer and I've run into a little problem. I left this morning with my wine fermenting and the brewing belt on. My room got a bit hotter than I was expecting during the day (due to the nice weather) and with the aid of the belt the brew reached about 32 degrees. Naturally it started bubbling through the airlock and spouted over the wall.

I was just wondering whether the brew is still any good to continue seeing as I only started it yesterday, I am currently allowing it to cool to room temperature (which is about 20 degrees now).

Thanks.

As long as the temp didn't kill the yeast, it will continue fermenting just as it did before. It won't be until fermentation is complete that you'll be able to taste and see if any unwanted flavors came out at this temp.

Let it finish fermenting and taste.

Hi.

Thanks.

It's perfectly safe unless your wife kills you for making such a mess.

It's perfectly safe unless your wife kills you for making such a mess.

Fortunately it cleaned off the walls :). Its back to normal temperature now and bubbling away nicely. Hopefully it wouldn't have ruined the flavour. Thanks for the tips.

Back