Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
ORDER OPEN

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 168 sacks to order (this order will likely not ship out until spring).
2. People would have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location (near Syracuse, NY).
3. Payment will be done through Amazon, Chase and certified check via snail mail, and will be required up front, once the order is secured.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$4-6)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$4-6)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Use 4000#+ pricing

Pricing
For pricing, this is an estimate. Plan for about $4-6 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

ORDER ENTRY

We are trying an order entry sheet this time around. Please click on this link and you can put in your order here. If you have questions please let me know.

When you add something to the sheet please do post what you have added. It stimulates the buy and also lets people know about splits you have added, etc.

I will keep track and let you know roughly what you are in for $$wise.

NEW PAYMENT OPTIONS

For this buy we will be using two online payment services and will also allow mailed certified checks for payment. However, WE ARE NO LONGER USING PAYPAL FOR PAYMENTS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED

Payment option 1 (online payment):

AMAZON- https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/money.

1. Set up the payment ability on your amazon.com account (follow links instructions)
2. I will provide you my email address for payment.
3. Once you send payment PM or post on the forum to let me know how you paid.

CHASE(https://www.chase.com/online/services/quickpay.htm).

1. Set up the payment ability on your chase checking account (follow links instructions). If you don't have a chase checking account it will cost you a fee to send money.
2. I will provide you my email address for payment.
3. Once you send payment PM or post on the forum to let me know how you paid.

Payment option 2 (snail mail payment):

1. Once the order pricing is confirmed you send a certified check or money order.
2. No personal checks unless they are cleared with me - they delay the order placing by 3-5 days

Payments will be collected once we have secured 84 bags (or we decide to process an order with less). If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the Syracuse grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group.

After that, CidahMastah takes over and handles out the delivery end of things, which will be at his home address unless otherwise noted (if you know a place of business that we could have the shipment delivered to that has a loading dock PM CidahMastah). CidahMastah will keep us all updated on when it is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

FOR SPLIT SACKS: Work out the details with your partners. Bring something to put your share in, weigh it out on site, and take your portion. Or, one of you picks up the whole sack and deal with the splitting on your own time. Whatever. That's your decision to make with your splitting partners.

For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 6 - ORDER OPENED - 11/8/2011

New Order has opened up (ROUND 6). I will award people their place in the order by the time frame that they contacted me. If we get to two pallets, we get a discount on shipping.

CURRENT STATUS:

1. (COMPLETED) Collected ~168 sacks of grain​
2. (COMPLETED)Our request for quote (RFQ) has been made​
3. (COMPLETED)We hear back from the buyer on actual cost (COMPLETED) I pass out the actual cost to everyone​
4. (PENDING)Everybody pays up - pickup is not available until all the funds clear​
5. (COMPLETED) CidahMastah will let everyone know when the shipment is to arrive (COMPLETED) and where it is shipping to (COMPLETED) , when to pick it up(COMPLETED) .​

7. (PENDING)We all slap high five and say job well done.​

Coordinated pick up

A. Buffalo:
Car 1 (Westco) - picking up bish07, Snooky and abrew2u.

Car 2 (CBK) - Drocu, Smashing

Car 3 (JBSengineer) - oh wait... that pallet of grain is only for him :D

STATUS
Total Bags = 166 - Shooting for 158 (Max 168 bags)

PICKUP LOCATION:
Busch Products
110 Baker Street
Syracuse, New York 13206

------------------------------------------------------
The following are new links which you should use to find:

1. Order status (Click here)

2. Order Entry / Split entry (Click here)

3. Keg Interest (Click here)

4. Grain Splits by Weight: (Click here)

5. Order Total Sheet (Manually Compounded): (Click Here)

---------------------------
PAYMENT REQUEST

1. Actual Pricing is in - please pay ASAP

2. Please let me know if you need my address and I will PM it to you.

3. Please make every effort to send me a check ASAP.

Red lettering = Amount owed
Green lettering = Credit

Credit tips $15.55
received a payment for 173.65 - thanks gents!

PAID.jpg

Special notes about this order:

1. This buy will not ship until springtime (and until we have 2-3 full pallets)
2. New payment methods are listed (we are no longer using paypal)
3. Order deliver TBD - but will be in Syracuse, NY area
4. Order minimums may go into place.
5. Splits may be restricted to .334 or .5

I wanted to be the first one on this order - so I added a split and a bag of 2ROW! haha

Are the prices lower for hops in the new catalog? I just looked at hops and cascade are $6.39?lb at that price I would be in for some.

Got back from my trip a bit early, stopped in NH again and scored a 2010 bottle of Kate the Great and a few Allagash corked bottles for real cheap! Almost makes it worth it after 12 hours of driving.

I think I'll open the RIS tonight after dinner. :D

Got back from my trip a bit early, stopped in NH again and scored a 2010 bottle of Kate the Great and a few Allagash corked bottles for real cheap! Almost makes it worth it after 12 hours of driving.

i have your stuff here at my place, set up a time with me for a pick up during the week sometime.

AWESOME! I just brewed Kate teh great - but I have never had it before so let me know how it turns out :)

Anyone in Syracuse want a beer-gas tank for stouts? Looking to order one myself online and shipping drops a few bucks with each tank added. These are 23 cu sized tanks (http://bvrgelements.com/images/23cuft_beer_mix.jpg) and are kind of an odd size - standard size is 20 cu (same size as a 5# co2 tank). So you most likely will have to have these filled instead of doing an exchange. Haun in Syracuse will do fills. The cert on the tank is recent and they say online that beer-gas tanks are good for 10 years unlike CO2 tanks which are 5 years.

Here is the break down per tank w/ shipping depending on how many ordered:
1 - $43.80
2 - $39.89
3 - $38.69
4 - $37.86

Anyone interested? Looking to place an order by tomorrow night. Email me at j bed na rek @ gmail.com

Anyone in Syracuse want a beer-gas tank for stouts? Looking to order one myself online and shipping drops a few bucks with each tank added. These are 23 cu sized tanks (http://bvrgelements.com/images/23cuft_beer_mix.jpg) and are kind of an odd size - standard size is 20 cu (same size as a 5# co2 tank). So you most likely will have to have these filled instead of doing an exchange. Haun in Syracuse will do fills. The cert on the tank is recent and they say online that beer-gas tanks are good for 10 years unlike CO2 tanks which are 5 years.

Here is the break down per tank w/ shipping depending on how many ordered:
1 - $43.80
2 - $39.89
3 - $38.69
4 - $37.86

Anyone interested? Looking to place an order by tomorrow night. Email me at j bed na rek @ gmail.com

I am definitely interested - could you let me know what the shipping/cost would be for the next size up? I might want to grab the larger one. I am sure that one you listed will be more than enough, but I am lazy when it comes to refilling - hoping to do it less frequently!

I am definitely interested - could you let me know what the shipping/cost would be for the next size up? I might want to grab the larger one. I am sure that one you listed will be more than enough, but I am lazy when it comes to refilling - hoping to do it less frequently!

The larger size tank they have is the 60cu, and price jumps to $130 for the tank and shipping is like $50. So the 23cu tank is the best deal.

Just talked with the guy about the soda kegs. He said he's not sure what type they are but the ones I could see were ball lock. I really need to add that this guy is a real dick... I had a hard time getting him to budge from $35. He ended up saying he would take $25/keg if we wanted 100. Not sure if that is enough of a deal to buy that many. Let me know what you think.

Just talked with the guy about the soda kegs. He said he's not sure what type they are but the ones I could see were ball lock. I really need to add that this guy is a real dick... I had a hard time getting him to budge from $35. He ended up saying he would take $25/keg if we wanted 100. Not sure if that is enough of a deal to buy that many. Let me know what you think.

Haha that is good stuff. We could try to rally up for 100, but that will be tough. i know for me personally I am about to dump some money on some more taps, etc. So I would probably be interested in 2 if even 2. Will have to see how much damage I do after the tap additions.

Cidah could you add something to this thread organizing the kegs? I would be in for 5 as of right now. Possibly more as time goes. Once it looks like no one else wants any I will talk to the guy and see if he will do the $25 for whatever amount we come up with.

I can't recall... Let's just wait to see if a few more ppl show interest. If not we will forget it.

I don't see why he won't come off these things cheaper there are a few thousand that have just been sitting...

image-3887908429.jpg

I don't see why he won't come off these things cheaper there are a few thousand that have just been sitting...

man I wonder what kind of shape they are in? I mean I trust you mparsons, but if the guy is a jack wagon does that mean he will give us 100 of his crappiest kegs? They fact that they are stored outside like that uncovered concerns me a bit.

You would have to be our ambassador. Like go there and pay as you pick through to make sure they aren't total crap. I am sure one or more of us could help pick kegs out on the day of. If we did 100 obviously we would need some cars!

Tentative interest:

mparsons - ?
twogunz - 4
cidahmastah - 2-4

That yard full of kegs looks pretty wild. I agree with Cidah though, id be nice if somebody eyeballed each. Other than that I'd think about ordering some more from kegglebrewing or try the corneykeg.com converted pin locks which come with brand new posts.

Put me down for 5. Pickup in Elmira but I could make a trip in my truck to Syracuse with a bunch if I could get some help with gas. I told the guy we wanted to pick them out. He said he would pressurize them to make sure they held air!

man I wonder what kind of shape they are in? I mean I trust you mparsons, but if the guy is a jack wagon does that mean he will give us 100 of his crappiest kegs? They fact that they are stored outside like that uncovered concerns me a bit.

You would have to be our ambassador. Like go there and pay as you pick through to make sure they aren't total crap. I am sure one or more of us could help pick kegs out on the day of. If we did 100 obviously we would need some cars!

Tentative interest:

mparsons - ?
twogunz - 4
cidahmastah - 2-4

i would def be in for a few if someone would not mind picking them up and holding them for me for the next time im home (saying they are any good)

i would def be in for atleast 5 depending on the price and my buddy might be in for them too

cidah how was teh salmon?

Eh, up my keg count to 5. I know I'm going to want more kegs to do some wood infusion and souring

Put me down for 5. Pickup in Elmira but I could make a trip in my truck to Syracuse with a bunch if I could get some help with gas. I told the guy we wanted to pick them out. He said he would pressurize them to make sure they held air!

oh that is good news.

Tentative interest:

mparsons - 5
twogunz - 5
cidahmastah - 2-4
Rustbucket - At least 5
Copyright - 4

Rust - the salmon was very good. It has some "salmon nuances" to it but it was way more neutral in flavor (compared to your everyday saltwater salmon). I would say it is more along the lines of tasting like trout, with a tinge of salmon. But very neutral in flavor. Great firm flesh and will take on whatever seasoning you like.

I did my 4 Seas seasoning (Cumin, Coriander, Curry, Cayenne) -get the play on words Four Seas; 4 "C's"- and salt and a touch of pepper of course

Back