The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ****balls that sucked. Dem seas be snotty. I think I may have misunderestimated how small an eighty foot vessel really is. I put considerably more food into the water than I took out.

The oyster bar, though... that forgave a lot of yesterday's sins.

Not entirely sure what the (very young) waitresses thought of Paul, though. I took a picture just in case.

Paulie at the restaurant v2.png

Yea. I saw Matunuck on the yesterday's nightly news. It was the leading story followed by the sexual assault spree going on in the North End. You should hand that cartoon character snapshot to the BPD sketch artist.

Whoa! You went out on LSU? I thought when Paulie said $100 that it was a charter boat. I'm taking back the credit I gave you guys. A charter boat would know how to gaff you back onto the boat. I don't know what's been going on this year but there's been plenty of people kayaking or heading out duck hunting on ocean/river inlets in sub zero weather in the middle of winter.

Whoa! You went out on LSU? I thought when Paulie said $100 that it was a charter boat. I'm taking back the credit I gave you guys. A charter boat would know how to gaff you back onto the boat. I don't know what's been going on this year but there's been plenty of people kayaking or heading out duck hunting on ocean/river inlets in sub zero weather in the middle of winter.

No, it was a charter, run by a group of semi-functioning alcoholics.

No, LSU is still under wraps in the backyard. We were on an boat named Island Current III, an 80 foot party boat. Crew of four, at least one of whom (a woman no less) was hammered pretty hard from the moment we left the dock. She looked like she put a lot of time and effort into earning her gin blossoms. The captain was OK, the few times hje came down from the wheelhouse but the mate busted his ass working hard for us. He EARNED his tips, the rest of them not so much. And apparently the full moon in February is when cod spawn and when they're spawning they're not biting. Like we were supposed to know that? I could have easily waited till the end of the month. Or the middle of July, for that matter.

I don't know why you guys are saying yesterday wasn't fun. I actually had a blast. The only thing that bothered me was my cold hands. Taking the gloves off to bait the hook was painful. But that's because I'm a nurse not a construction worker and I don't have a single callus on my hands. The guy on the rail next to me went bare handed all day (not Jay, he frankly didn't spend a whole lot of time fishing). That guy caught more fish than everybody else combined. I did manage to catch the first fish of the day and the last fish of the day. And I might have kept the dogfish if I caught more of them, I happen to like the flavor of them when served as fish and chips but I started the day with high hopes of cod.

I did earn my boy scout merit badge for the day when I saved the good mate from a concussion. After we were done for the day and headed back in I grabbed a beer for myself and Jay. Jay wasn't really able to put anything in his stomach so the mate ended up with his. He sat down on the deck to talk to us and the flip up counter top came crashing down when the ship hit a wave. I saw it happening and lunged to try to grab it but not in time, he saw me lunge and ducked, avoiding getting his skull cracked open by a red C hair. He still got a laceration on the back of his head but no concussion.

I wanna see PTN "lunge" in person... I'm sure there are all sorts of human-powered land speed records being broken there.

I got six bucks that says you couldn't have saved this guy from four feet away.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first read your post I thought you had said you wanted to see me luge in person.

Al and I went down the bobsled run at Lake Placid a few years ago. I built up a fair turn of speed, as you might imagine. Physics 101. Too bad you weren't there then, you could have stood on the sidelines and cheered for me.

Not that you don't spend a fair amount of your pitiful little life already doing so.

So a friend recently came to my house from the far reaches of Massachusetts and he brought along a 4 pack of the Spencer Abby beer. $18.50 for a freakin' 4 pack. Farkin' A!!!!! Them monks ain't afraid to gouge the sheet out of the beer snobs out there.

So how was it? Not bad. In fact, it was pretty damned good. Not $4.60/12 oz bottle consumed in my kitchen worth of good but it was good. Them monks are going places. Before you know it they'll be working a hostile take over down at the Bog.

You can ***** and moan all you want about the $18 for a four-pack, but if they were charging $8-$10 for a bomber would anybody think twice?

Couldn't hold a candle to the Westy 12, though.

Uhhh. It's 11.2 oz's. You can find it for $16/4pk if you look around. Then again what do you pay for avg cr*p in the bar? Have you tried Benno yet? Intersting stuff.

Still you made out in the deal. All _bird got in return was a funny pair of pants.

I'm pissed I missed the fishing trip! Could'nt get a sitter, and my daughter is a little too young to be out in those conditions. I personally LOVE being in heavy seas!

Me too. I love it when it gets snotty out there. But tha is because I learned my seamanship in the Coast Guard and thats when we went out to play, when it was snotty. And it was VERY snotty out there yesterday. One seriously bumpy road. Of the 30 + passengers there were only a few of us who looked like we were enjoying ourselves.

We did some fishing today, and yesterday.

Here's what Yooper/Texan fishing looks like:
P2180066.jpg

All that sun and watching the dolphins wore me out, so I spend the rest of the afternoon today drinking homebrew and reading, while the rod was out just in case.

P2180071.jpg

Thats right, I forgot about the dolphins. I was worried about the dolphins swimming down and trying to grab a free meal and perhaps getting a mouthful of hook but we were in 180 feet of water and they were playing on the surface in the waves. Still, I'd feel bad if we accidently hooked up with Flipper.

Back