Twelve-point (12-point), star-shaped gas-in ball-lock post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLJohnson

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm which brand of keg (Firestone vs. Cornelius) the 12-point, star-shaped posts are intended for? They look more like Firestone-style posts, but I have seen these put onto (perhaps forced onto) Cornelius kegs.

Can anyone confirm which brand of keg (Firestone vs. Cornelius) the 12-point, star-shaped posts are intended for? They look more like Firestone-style posts, but I have seen these put onto (perhaps forced onto) Cornelius kegs.

I can't confirm either way, but I have one, and the thing is confusing. Still looking for a wrench that fits. I have to buy a new set at the home depot, as I seem to be missing any that fit any post on any of my new kegs. Awesome.

I can't confirm either way, but I have one, and the thing is confusing. Still looking for a wrench that fits. I have to buy a new set at the home depot, as I seem to be missing any that fit any post on any of my new kegs. Awesome.

I have a couple also. I purchased a 7/8" eight point long socket and it works fine. (I believe it was eight point - at work atm so can't verify)

They are Cornelius Kegs; just have firestone looking posts. Just picked up two of these myself and was wondering the same. The gas post should be 12 point star looking

Most of my kegs have a standard 7/8 hex nut. But one has this 12-point star and I don't have anything that will fit on it. Where can I get a wrench to fit that?

All 4 of my Cornelius kegs have 12-star posts on the gas side, and both of my Firestone (Challenger VI) kegs have hexagonal posts with small grooves at each corner on the gas side.

For the star posts, I bought a 7/8 inch 12-point deep socket at Lowe's.

All 4 of my Cornelius kegs have 12-star posts on the gas side, and both of my Firestone (Challenger VI) kegs have hexagonal posts with small grooves at each corner on the gas side.

For the star posts, I bought a 7/8 inch 12-point deep socket at Lowe's.

Cool, my 7/8 inch deep socket is a 6-point. Never thought I would actually seek out a 12-point socket, those things mess up 6-point nuts and bolts over time.

Latest posts

Back