anyone interested in exchanging dubbel style homebrews.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
just got done botteling a clone of the stone vertical epic 2005 a few weeks ago. tried it and i thought it was excellent. it is only my second beer attempt and i was very impressed. with that being said i would be very interested in trading homebrews of this sort. i am huge into dubbels and quads and would love to make a trade with a fellow homebrewer. most importantly i am also looking for any advice or criticism on my beer so that i can make my next batches even better.

just got done botteling a clone of the stone vertical epic 2005 a few weeks ago. tried it and i thought it was excellent. it is only my second beer attempt and i was very impressed. with that being said i would be very interested in trading homebrews of this sort. i am huge into dubbels and quads and would love to make a trade with a fellow homebrewer. most importantly i am also looking for any advice or criticism on my beer so that i can make my next batches even better.[/QUOT

I have an interesting take on a Belgian Dubbel which was only my second beer as well. It is a bit hoppy for the style (4 oz. in 6.5 gls.), but I became pleased with it. The beer was bottled in September and ageing nicely. Its malty and biscuity, a bit citrucy (from the hops), with a dry finish I like the beer but their definitely needs to be some adjustments to get closer to the original style. All the same I think it is still a recipe I will keep regardless. I'd be interested in trying yours being that my favorite and most drinkin beers have been Belgians. You can be sure I will offer my honest and most educated criticism.

I had a bottle of a Westmalle Belgium Dubbel (recipe from Clone Brews) last night that I made 3 years ago. :D

It's aging like a fine wine. Lots of raisin notes in the malt. Not too sweet, but definitely a dessert/after dinner brew. Very enjoyable. :rockin:

Back