Back in the saddle again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For all you doubting Thomases, and I know there are many;), I have finally begun a brew day. Got the grains steeping for an extract clone of SNPA. My last six batches have all been PMs, but extract is all I have time for now.

Have to do it in stages as I have to leave soon to get my daughter at preschool and then take her to daycare. By 1:30 p.m EST, I should have the boil going.

Finally. It's only been 95 days since I last brewed, not that I'm counting.:D

I feel oddly liberated.

Yeah..I still think you should web cast it so we can celebrate with you...

I'm happy dancing 'cause my buddy FINALLY get's to brew!!!

chick_dance.gif

dancin_lepro.gif

dancing_giraffees.gif

*zoom*

Did someone say naked beer casting? :D

Edit: Oh yeah, and glad you get to brew. ;)

Edit 2: On second thought, bare junk near an open flame = YIKES.

*zoom*

Did someone say naked beer casting? :D

Edit: Oh yeah, and glad you get to brew. ;)

Yikes even without the open flame.:D

I'll be doing the boil in the garage. Had hoped to do it on the deck to give me easier access to the spigot for the IC. Alas, we had major ice yesterday and today it is melting and falling everywhere. I don't need a big sheet of ice to fall off my roof and onto my head.

Wow, now your ratio of off topic posts to actual brew talk is 1 to 3,000 congrats!:D ;)

I guess some of you guys might have a problem like that..... but me, nah. My belly gives me a good 4" buffer zone!

Congrats Shecky, now maybe you will stop f'ing with me all of the time. :D
Of course, up till now, I thought you were just so good that you didn't have to practice brewing anymore. So my images of you are pretty much shattered. You can take off the cape now, superman..... Wait! Maybe that was MY imagination....

Congrats Shecky, now maybe you will stop f'ing with me all of the time. :D
Of course, up till now, I thought you were just so good that you didn't have to practice brewing anymore. So my images of you are pretty much shattered. You can take off the cape now, superman..... Wait! Maybe that was MY imagination....
Holy crap, did you get snookered.

In my defense, I read everything brewing related here. To learn. Now I'm applying the lessons.

Problem is, the off-topic stuff sucks me in. I can't stay away.

Alright beeyotches, I'm done. Not that you cared.
Everything went swimmingly until I knocked over my OG sample before getting a reading. Oh well. No biggie.

You may now get back to making fun of me.

Alright beeyotches, I'm done. Not that you cared.
Everything went swimmingly until I knocked over my OG sample before getting a reading. Oh well. No biggie.

You may now get back to making fun of me.

Nicely done! 95 days since a brewday- you're practically a born-again virgin.

Now we'll get another 'is this beer infected' thread in a couple days. :D

And more (cause I'm an idiot and don't know how to link two pics in one reply). My Anchor Special Ale clone resting nicely on my inverted swamp cooler tub.

0232.JPG

Over 3,000 posts since May and you go three months without brewing. You could probably be an active member on a post partum support group forum. :D

I'm glad the brew went well. I've actually been on a bit of a lull. It's a 3 week lull, but it's a lull for me. I just did about 4 blah batches in a row. I need to get back in the saddle again. :rockin:

So I bet you feel now like I will feel the next time I will actually have sex with a woman again...methinks I've gone longer in that regard than you have in brewing...I think my last roll in the hay was back in the spring...geez.

SO did your acne clear up?

Think mine will? :D

So I bet you feel now like I will feel the next time I will actually have sex with a woman again...

You know, it's not quite the same thing, Revvy. For instance, you can't motorboat wort... Oh, uh, yes you can.

Well, you can't fondle grains.... Wait a minute.

Sniffing hops is....

Never mind.

(psssst. It's usually done with women. And breasts. Replace breasts with wort. Blow hard. Shake.)

Brummmmmm! Brumm-brummm-brum.

Revvy is kind of busy. Someone's trying to convert him. He shouldn't have spoken about his long dry spell.

And more (cause I'm an idiot and don't know how to link two pics in one reply). My Anchor Special Ale clone resting nicely on my inverted swamp cooler tub.

0232.JPG

Hey sheck, what is all that white crap in your yard?! Don't you guys have grass up there like we do?

And, as for Revvy's conversion, he may be well on his way with that "nut-duster" thing he has going on....

Welcome back to brewing Sheckster! What are you planning for next year? :D
Oh, man, not you, too. The humanity.
Actually, I have a big, fat mileage check coming from work. It will be 'donated' to the LHBS within the next few weeks. So there.:p

Hey sheck, what is all that white crap in your yard?! Don't you guys have grass up there like we do?

Said white crap is ice on top of snow. See the gray pole (my basketball hoop)? It is actually the top edge of my driveway, which I need to now go try to scrape seeing as we're supposed to get whacked with snow again tomorrow. You can't tell, but my driveway at the bottom is a fairly steep uphill grade.

Dang shecky, I sympathize with you. It got down to like 50°F here yesterday! Just freakin' miserable I tell ya.
In all honesty, congrats on the brew. I hope all goes really well for you. I will keep an eye out for your infection thread so I can offer assistance when the time comes. BWAAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!!

Back