A Midnight in Hell (Habanero Wheat Beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueBrewer92

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to get your thoughts on this dark wheat beer with a little bit of heat to it. This has the possibility of being my first all grain brew so any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

A Midnight in Hell

Wheat Beer

5 lbs 2-row malt
2.5 lbs Midnight Wheat malt
2.5 lbs Wheat malt
2 lbs biscuit malt

1 oz Tettnang Hop Pellets
1 oz Saaz Hop Pellets

Wyeast 3333 German Wheat

2 Habanero peppers in secondary

I think it sounds like a plan! Sounds pretty good. Are you going to cut the habaneros up or leave them whole? I have a bwer im calling Midnight in Vermont in secondary right now, pretty close to that but trade the peppers for maple syrup

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll cut them up so it's easier to take them out. Your Version sounds amazing also. Tell me how it turns out.

I ask because I imagine cutting them up will have a huge difference in the heat you get. And I will let you know how mine is. My first time playing with midnight wheat

I hear people freeze fruit whenever they make a fruit beer. it somehow helps with breaking cells or something that to get more sugar. Should I freeze them?

freeze them, chop them and soak them in just enough vodka to immerse them for sanitation. i am a huge fan of spicy food, but i think your habaneros will be overwhelming. even if you like the flavor/heat, it will probably dominate at that level. i'd start with one and go from there...

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll cut them up so it's easier to take them out. Your Version sounds amazing also. Tell me how it turns out.

First one ive tried.....Delicious! Roasted wheat and chocolate flavors really come through and play well with the maple. This ones gonna be great in a couple weeks

ForumRunner_20130101_140346.jpg

Most of the heat from those peppers come from the seeds and veins inside...be careful, you may get more than you bargained for...does sound interesting though.:mug:

Back