Forbidden Fruit Temps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
M making a wit this weekend and am using forbidden fruit for the first time. I still learning about wits am aren't sure about temps. I want the citrus yeasty flavor. Should I keep temps low (around 60 degrees) or closer to 70 degrees?

This is a simplification but if you want to increase the yeast derived characteristics, under pitch and ferment on the high side of the recommended temp range.

A widely used strain in the production of Witbier and Grand Cru. This yeast will produce spicy phenolics which are balanced nicely by a complex ester profile. The subtle fruit character and dry tart finish will complement wheat malt, orange peel and spice additions typical of Wits.

Origin:
Flocculation: Low
Attenuation: 72-76%
Temperature Range: 63-76F, 17-24C
Alcohol Tolerance: 12% ABV

From the Wyeast website. Temp range is 63-76. I usually pitch on the low side and slowly let the temp rise up towards the high side. If you pitch too warm the temp can sometimes get away from you and rise too high to fast. Much easier to control if you pitch low.

Latest posts

Back