My latest label w/flyfishing theme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenspey

Reaction score
The font looks bad in this .jpg but it looks much better printed out.

Winter_Run_-_Label1.jpg

Looks very good. I don't usually care for photoshop filtered images on labels, but yours seems to work quite well. Maybe it's not overdone, seems more natural than most. The only thing I would change is the dropshadow on Winter Run is too far and could be softer edged. I'd look at adding a bevel to Winter Run also.

Schlante,
Phillip

Thanks, Phillip, I'll give that a shot. I thought the drop shadow was too deep as well. The outer line gives it an edge that looks a bit too hard as well.

Greenspey

I like it too. One question though, am I the only one that read 'Winter Rum' the first time they looked at it? It was only when I looked at it again that i saw it said' Run' not Rum'. It's either the typeface or I'm not very observant.

I like it too. One question though, am I the only one that read 'Winter Rum' the first time they looked at it? It was only when I looked at it again that i saw it said' Run' not Rum'. It's either the typeface or I'm not very observant.

Haha! I don't know, but Winter Rum sounds good, too.

I know I read it as 'run' - but the first thing I looked at was the picture of the stream and immediately thought 'steelhead' so I was in context already. :D

Me too... any flyfisher will instantly recognize it. Twizzit's just more a daiquiri drinker than he is a feather chucker. I guess not everyone is perfect. :)

HOWEVER

When someone who has no idea of the context can't interpret something it often means it needs adjustment to make it clear. Our angler's minds are naturally going to make the jump but the lay public's may not. That being said, other than taking off the slight little upstroke on the right side I don't see how that could be made to look more like an "n".

Now thats a nice label! I just started drinking my "Wild Brook" wit... named after a nice 5lb brookie I caught this summer.

And reminds me to get my gear ready for this fall's King run on the Salmon River.

Cheers! :D

I replaced the pic with the updated version:

Closer shadow (deep red as opposed to grey)
Bolded copy
higher quality .jpg shows better blending of edges

I also bottled the beer yesterday! I can't wait to try it in a few weeks!

Back