Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
ATTENTION

For those that are not in the Chicago, Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa areas please do not request to be added to the database. This buy is regional only. I will not be shipping anything anywhere. Everything is local pickup. Not trying to be a jerk but just trying to keep these buys manageable. Thanks for your understanding.

I am starting a hops only buy in Chicago. The price sheet link is in the notes section of the database. Only pellets in 11 Lb increments are available for this buy. Most of the leaf hops are sold out. Place your orders and take care of the splits on your own just like with the grain splits in past buys. Below is the link:

http://chicagohomebrewers.org/grain2/

REMEMBER, PELLET HOPS ONLY.

IMPORTANT: THE CORRECT LINK IS http://chicagohomebrewers.org/grain2

I'm likely to follow the lead on some orders myself

I meant the online web site doing splits. Like ghoti posted for grain splits.

Can we assume that everything in the spreadsheet is available?

The link for the price list, which is not really necessary since the database has the pricing, is in the notes section of the database. The splits spreadsheet is also there for anyone to modify.

The "Add Grain" button does not work for me---I get 404 not found. Is this how we're supposed to add hops?

I'd be up for 2lbs citra, 2lbs centennial, 2lbs amarillo, 2lbs fuggle, 2lbs Tettnang.

Anyone else want to go in on those?

The "Add Grain" button does not work for me---I get 404 not found. Is this how we're supposed to add hops?

I get the same as well.

Dang these prices are ridiculous! I'm in for a pound of Citra, and 2 of Simcoe and Nelson Sauvin each as soon as I figure out the site. I was planning some dark malty beers this winter, but it may just be non stop DIPAs.

Also the price spreadsheet gives away the supplier if that's still a concern.

Demon said:
I'd be up for 2lbs citra, 2lbs centennial, 2lbs amarillo, 2lbs fuggle, 2lbs Tettnang.

I would take a pound of centennial and fuggle.

I'm in!!!

When do you expect that the orders will be taken, filled and delivered? I'm asking to see what kind of group tasting/competition might be reasonable.

Demon said:

I'd go for 1lb centennial, 2lbs amarillo, 1 lb myself

If they're available, I'm interested in a 1lb each of EKG, Styrian Goldings, Amarillo, and Centennial

Are we supposed to be going off the availability list you posted in the Group Buy #6 thread, or are all of these available? I'd hate to waste time doing splits of hops that aren't even available right now.

Having some interface difficulties on my tablet I'm going to add and do splits when I am near a PC.

Please wipe out the NZ Nelson I added I'm certain I screwed that up. I'll re-add from a PC tomorrow morning

please hold off from inputting anything until tomorrow afternoon. ghoti needs to work on a couple of more things and he should be done sometime tomorrow morning. please note that the database kink is different than before. basically add '2' to the end of 'grain':

http://chicagohomebrewers.org/grain2

Hello all. I am newer to home brewing and have not participated in any of the group buys. How do I get the catalog and login. Thanks, John

Bill, something that I haven't been able to wrap my brain around is how we will be confirming our purchases. Do I make it official on ghoti's website (how will it know who the purchaser is?) or on the spreadsheet (would that be updated by me editing the document or by you when someone says the 11 lb order is complete?) I'll throw an example out to illustrate my question. I see on the document that you are a purchaser of 11 lbs of citra. Do I try to order two pounds through this website by requesting you to add me to your list, by typing in on the google doc(do I have rights?), or by just putting in for 2 #s when ghoti gets the gliches worked out on the groupbuy site? Sorry for my ignorance, I hope you are getting used to it by now!!

maybe ghoti can chime in, but from my understanding, the database will show a breakdown of the splits for each hop. The total amount of increments that you ordered across all hops will display in your user panel. At least this is how I understand it. did i answer your question or did i just confuse the both of us even more?

maybe ghoti can chime in, but from my understanding, the database will show a breakdown of the splits for each hop. The total amount of increments that you ordered across all hops will display in your user panel. At least this is how I understand it. did i answer your question or did i just confuse the both of us even more?

haha, I will say this... you made a good effort. However, I did not go to the new ghoti site prior to asking the question, so I don't think it's valid any longer. I can tell you this though, I'm certain to seek clarification in one way or another before long. I blame my genetics!

Hello all. I am newer to home brewing and have not participated in any of the group buys. How do I get the catalog and login. Thanks, John

As I have already gone through the process, I don't remember the protocol. Hopefully one of the other folks can assist you soon. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

haha, I will say this... you made a good effort. However, I did not go to the new ghoti site prior to asking the question, so I don't think it's valid any longer. I can tell you this though, I'm certain to seek clarification in one way or another before long. I blame my genetics!

could this be why you are a math instructor? :)

could this be why you are a math instructor? :)

I always have questions, but never the answers. By the way. I wanted to play around on ghoti's site, and umm, I accidentally think I ordered some stuff that I wouldn't necessarily be interested in. I hope I didn't make things worse for either of you.

I always have questions, but never the answers. By the way. I wanted to play around on ghoti's site, and umm, I accidentally think I ordered some stuff that I wouldn't necessarily be interested in. I hope I didn't make things worse for either of you.

you should be able to edit everything by the time he is done tomorrow.

Are we supposed to be going off the availability list you posted in the Group Buy #6 thread, or are all of these available? I'd hate to waste time doing splits of hops that aren't even available right now.

assume everything is available. it is easier for me to check availability on what is ordered as opposed to checking everything, including items that nobody has interest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back