Heh. Its good to have a son...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springmom

Reaction score
..who works at a country club. Ii was telling him about my new passion the other day and in a moment of inspiration, asked him to bring me bottles from a night's usage, if he could. He said all they do is throw them away so yes, he could bring me some.

So I got home this afternoon and what do I find on my front porch? Two boxes of rinsed wine bottles. My wonderful husband washed them. I will sterilize them later, of course. I called him to say thank you and he said he had another wedding tonight so did I need more?

He gets the good son points for the weekend.

Good for you! That beats dumpster diving at the recycling center (as I do). Sounds like he deserves a bottle of your next batch.:mug:

Absolutely. If he delivers on a promise for champagne bottles too he will get a couple :)

Yea that is better than what I had to do. Stood up at the Lutheran Church and told them to drink more wine and bring me the bottles. Hey I give them 5 gal of blackberry wine each year for services so what the hey...

Hey Turnerdude1 - I'm Lutheran - I love that!!! That's a really cool arrangement you've got there.

Springmom - Champagne eh? Good for you!

Back