3/8" Ball Valve to 1/2" Quick disconnect??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleepleus

Reaction score
I have the Round Home Depot cooler converted to a mash tun (Flyguy's directions), with the 3/8" ball valve to a nipple. I recently purchased a pump, and now have all of the necessary 1/2" quick disconnects from McMaster Carr to run this between my Keggles. However, I am having an issue finding the necessary connectors to get the disconnect female end on my ball valve. What should I be looking for? Does anyone have a solution that they've already found?? I am not much of a DIY'er, but I can follow directions :drunk:

I just purchased 1/2" QC for 3/8" ball valve...it should be delivered today. I'll be brewing tomorrow with it (and my new March pump) so i'll let you know how it goes.

Here's what I'm using:
6739K68 Hose Couplings For Coolant, Sleeve-lck Sckt,90 Deg Barb,3/8"cplg, 1/2" Hose Id
3 Each 3 0 $8.01

6739K57 Hose Couplings For Coolant, Plug, 3/8" Nptf Male, 3/8" Coupling Size
2 Each 2 0 $1.14

smakudwn, what exactly is a hex reducer? Was this something that you were able to find at a regular hardware store? I'd definitely be willing to just changing the ball valve completely, seems like it may be the best solution as I don't want to have different size quick disconnects.

Back