"Clearer" fruit ales (i.e. other than wheats)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocBob

Reaction score
I'm always trying to introduce more people to "good beer" i.e. micros, brewpubs, and of course and arguably most impotant my homebrews. :D I'd like to take a cranberry ale home for Christmas...I know, I'm cutting it a little short...but it will be kegged so I can shave a little time.

Anyway, back to my question: I haven't tried a fruit beer to this point and thought I'd try a cranberry ale of some sort. I'd like it to be a lighter and "clearer" ale style, but I only seem to find recipes for cranberry wheats (my family wouldn't appreciate the "cloudy" wheat beers...I'm still working on some of them).
What is a good base style for fruit beers...pale ales???

Thanks all

DocBob said:
What is a good base style for fruit beers...pale ales???

Thanks all

Yeah. A l light bodied pale ale is a good base for flavorings. I've made some fruited pale ales before and they were pretty good.

-walker

Thanks Walker, that's what I thought, but figured I better ask before I really messed up.

Has anyone tried a Red Ale with cranberry? It sounds interesting.

Latest posts

Back