Ohio meet up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in Youngstown from Christmas until just after New Year's. I'd love to have the chance to be a part of a HBT meet up, or a brew day. I'll only be there one weekend (the weekend right after Christmas), but if a weeknight would work for anybody, please let me know!

I'd like to go to Great Lakes at least once, for sure!

Bummer....

I'll be in Ohio around that time, too.... unfortunately I'll be on the OH/IN border and not the OH/PA border.

One of these times, I'm going to co-ordinate a visit to either my sister's place (in Columbus) or to the_Wife's family (Buffalo) with one of your trips to Youngstown. We're not going anywhere for Christmas this year, though, for obvious reasons.

Are these annual trips that you make to Ohio?

If I tried to get my wife to agree to me meeting up with some chick I knew online, overnight, for my birthday, I think I would have some serious explaining to do.

I'm a little far away sorry. But if you want to make the drive to Chillicothe (an hour south of columbus) we're having a new years party with BM Centennial Blonde and Orfy's Mild that you're invited to.

Yooper, you going to be back in OH next summer, perchance? Be great if we could co-ordinate a big honkin' get-together with all the semi-local folks. Was out a few years back and met up with 'Brewtus and SOB, but there's other folks that I missed. MIL's renting a house on the Finger Lakes for the family next summer, that's a little more than halfway to Youngston.

Yooper, you going to be back in OH next summer, perchance? Be great if we could co-ordinate a big honkin' get-together with all the semi-local folks. Was out a few years back and met up with 'Brewtus and SOB, but there's other folks that I missed. MIL's renting a house on the Finger Lakes for the family next summer, that's a little more than halfway to Youngston.

I don't know. Normally, I am. But with Tara's baby due around June 27, and her wedding on August 21, I don't know if I'll do it. Oh, and the NHC in Minneapolis in mid June, and a trip to Ontario for fishing sometime in there, too! Summer might be more busy that I can even imagine! Plus, we have a house on a lake and we always have a ton of guests in July.

I'm talking about just going down in September and seeing if my dad will do a little road trip in September or October down to Florida- just me and my dad.

I'm retiring May 1, so I have a feeling I'll be busier than ever!

I'll try to figure out a way to get to meet as many of you as I can!

If I tried to get my wife to agree to me meeting up with some chick I knew online, overnight, for my birthday, I think I would have some serious explaining to do.

I know what you mean! I am so thankful that Bob just waves good bye and says "Have fun!" He's not interested in homebrew conferences, meet ups, or other things but he's been around for some of the get-togethers in Milwaukee.

He was really good about me staying out until about 3:30 AM with Sause in Milwaukee, and then going out with the Michigan guys, and then going to Henry Hill's house overnight near Lansing.

He doesn't go to my Ohio jaunts, but just tells me to "be careful". Of course, I'm always careful.

I'll be in Youngstown from Christmas until just after New Year's. I'd love to have the chance to be a part of a HBT meet up, or a brew day. I'll only be there one weekend (the weekend right after Christmas), but if a weeknight would work for anybody, please let me know!

I'd like to go to Great Lakes at least once, for sure!

I'd like to meet up over the holidays. Sunday or Monday is good for me.

:mug:

Im going to visit in-laws in mansfield (well pretty much..shelby) for Christmas.

Bumping this....
Any interest to meet around the Cleveland area during the week between Christmas and New Year's?

Seperate meet for the Columbus/Dayton/(Chillicothe:cross:) crew during the same week to meet up w/Senior Sacc at Brew's Cafe in Granville?

Bumping this....
Any interest to meet around the Cleveland area during the week between Christmas and New Year's?

Seperate meet for the Columbus/Dayton/(Chillicothe:cross:) crew during the same week to meet up w/Senior Sacc at Brew's Cafe in Granville?

Definitely up for Cleveland, and can try to make Granville depending on day.

both the 27th and 28th are good here, too. Maybe Mrs. Jass and I should plan on a hotel, too. It sounds like some others (ahem) are planning to pack their special, high volume livers for the evening:eek::cross:

How about the 27th then. say 2-3ish until :drunk:?

I'm going to have to arrange child care so I'd like to get a date nailed down.

Is the 27th good? If the 28th is better, I can do that too.

How about the 27th then. say 2-3ish until :drunk:?

I'm going to have to arrange child care so I'd like to get a date nailed down.

Is the 27th good? If the 28th is better, I can do that too.

Either is fine with me. I don't have child care, etc, so I can be very flexible.

Is the place we want to go open on Sunday? That would be the only important thing for me to know!

Yoop,
This is from their website:

"Brews Restaurant is open Monday-Thursday from 11:30AM to 10:00PM, Friday and Saturday from 11:30AM to 11:00PM, and Sundays from 11AM-8PM. Brews Too is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00PM to 2:30AM, Friday and Saturday from 6:00PM to 2:30AM. Directions to Brews are here.":mug:

It's fine by me! Let's get a date, and a roll call. I mean, if I'm coming 3.5 hours each way, and only one other person is planning on coming, I'd just as soon meet up in a more convenient place for me.

Just heard from OB. Monday is better than Sunday, so let's shoot for then. Sacc and others, does this work?

Awesome. Monday the 28th at Brew's Cafe in Granville. what time is everyone thinking? A dinner? I wouldn't get there until probably 6:30-7 because of work. Have to confirm with smwbo and babysitter. It's about an hour and a half ffrom me.

Back