I mow much better after a few homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I have a Zero-turn mower, and honestly I'm a competitive lawnmower. Every time I mow, I try to beat my best time. I had a few homebrews before and during mowing and I beat my best time! I really loosened up and gave it my best! A few brews and a bit of relaxing gave me my best mowing time!
**I went from a 48" deck on a standard lawn tractor to a 42" deck on a Ferris zero-turn (with suspension for my bumpy yard), my mowing time went from 3 1/2 hours to 1 hour 30 minutes, best time ever.
Anybody else enjoy a few homebrews out on the lawnmower? :drunk:

I mowed drunk last week. I was a bit mystified by the red patch on the lawn. Our Shi-Tzu disappeared from home the same day. Quite a week, really.

I think your priorities are a little out of whack.

I've passed the mowing duties on to my son so I can spend more quality time with my beer.

:drunk:

My meadow is so steep and irregular, mowing and drinking are not an option. Even with the deck at maximum height and driving slowly, I scalp the gophers and use one hand to hang onto the seat.

Y'all have grass? I haven't seen that in neigh-on-to-4 months.

I may need to mow my dirt though. It has been awhile since I have stirred it all up and pissed off the neighbors.

I let my soon-to-be-15 yo daughter drive my mower. I tell her it's practice for her drivers license. Even so, I think the novelty is wearing off. I may have to mow again within the next 2 years.

Mowing drunk? I bet your neighbor is thrilled that you can mow his yard in 1:30.

I mow once a week. Front on Thursday. Back on Friday. Mowing is always more tolerable with beer but, the ornamentals survive better if I stay sober. So, I keep the drinking to a minimum until everything is put away.

I gave up on mowing this year. Between my new baby, house renovation, and crazy work I don't have time. Next year I am planting 95% of my yard in barley. Then mowing will take me about 20 minutes and I will actually keep up with it.

With the heat here in Memphis, I try to mow first thing in the morning. I'm too old to be drinking at 7 am.

I mow during many beers, as it's about 4 acres with many obstacles. I aim to get so druck that I don't care how well I do, as long as there isn't needed repair to the tractor or property, I just enjoy the buzz.

Mowing drunk? I bet your neighbor is thrilled that you can mow his yard in 1:30.

I mow once a week. Front on Thursday. Back on Friday. Mowing is always more tolerable with beer but, the ornamentals survive better if I stay sober. So, I keep the drinking to a minimum until everything is put away.

I wasn't drunk, just somewhat buzzed. My neighbor tries to get me to mow his yard for him on a regular basis...sometimes I help him out and do some for him. The ornamentals and trees survived just fine... I live out on a farm, I was far from the road, just me, the mower and some homebrew, thanks to HBT :mug:

I luv mowing with a beer in my hand. I just pull up to the back door go inside
and top off. Although it would be a lot funner with a zero turn mower. :(
Maybe next year...

I haven't mowed in years. That is what comes with military housing with contractor yard maintenance.

I kind of miss it.

Here is my mower, it was a DIY project! I mow alot better after a case of Busch light in a can!! WooHoo!

bike-mower-2.jpg

Is there any other way to mow the lawn, but with a brew? A couple of years ago I bought a Cub Cadet with a cup holder. SWMBO said the only reason I bought that particular model was the cup holder. You have to have your priorities.

I put buffalograss in the backyard, only has to be mowed twice a season. And the front yard is all of 600 square feet. I don't even have a power mower, just one of those like the dude on the bike above. Takes me 11 minutes to mow the front.

Latest posts

Back