Went to Dentist now all beer tastes like crap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewmeisterSmith

Reaction score
So, I went to the dentist at 7am this morning for a routine cleaning. They always polish my teeth at the end with mint. So, after 4 days of not drinking, I decide to have a few friends over for a tasting. I have 4 beers on tap. ALL MY BEER TASTES LIKE CRAP. Thank you dentist. Everyone else seemed to enjoy the brews, but me, as the brewer, felt like I had my pants down in a public place. Anyway, I'm going to do the same 4 taste testing tomorrow and will post comments on the difference in taste. Pretty sure the dentist's mint paste had something to do with my disheartening experience tonight. I hate when beer tastes bad. Especially my own.

btw...I tried rinsing with water, rinsing with beer, rinsing with a baking soda/water mix. Nada. Nothing worked.

probably also had fluoride put on your teeth. that stuff can take a while to get rid of, and is nasty at the concentration they use

Back