New RIMS ready to go...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldies

Reaction score
First I want to thank P-J for all his wiring help and sawdustguys RIMS for dummies tutorial. Its not everyday that a total stranger would go out of his way to answer questions, but he did. so THANK YOU P-J.

I have a single tier cooler MT AG set up with a pump, yadaydayda. I needed to tinker and build something new for the rig and RIMS sounded good. After ordering everything and putting it together. Tonight was the auto tune test run. I went with a ULWD element that folds over from the recommended site off sawdustguys thread and the stainless steel as well. after my temps went a little "above and beyond" it finally started to settle down and now its holding temps within a degree,

Tomorrow will be the inagural (SP?) brew day and im going with a lightly smoked porter (Bert Grants perfect porter, thank you humanbrewing) for the test run. I will be sure and post pictures of the set up and brew day by Sunday.

Thanks again HBT for such a awesome site.

Cheers!

Back