can anyone...... - (gift suggestion)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would be the the best beer to start at this time of the year other than eds apfelwein cuz that's obvious

Really, now's a great time for brewing, as it's getting cooler. A lot of us are restricted in the warmer months. Depends on what you like. I think I like to have bigger, maltier/hoppier beers in the winter and lighter ones in the summer. Maybe an oktoberfest ale?

Are you looking to buy some equipment for your spouse? Or the ingredients to make a batch of beer? What is your target price range? I'm sure we can load you down with more options than you know what to do with.

How long has your spouse been brewing, and what kind of equipment does he/she currently use?

In regards to your question, a lot of people like to drink stouts and porters in the winter. Chocolate stout, coffee stout, raspberry porter, vanilla porter, or just regular stout or porter.

Can anyone give a better first wedding aniversary present than money for beer kits?

Yeah, just about anything. I hate getting money as a gift.

If you really want to give a beer kit then buy the kit you'd like to brew with your spouse and make the brewday the gift. Otherwise get equipment instead as it will not be gone in a month like the beer from the kit would be.

Back