MD Summer brew day 08/15/2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it available off Maui?

I got some MBC stuff in the last Secret Santa here, from a Cali member. According to their website, they are readily available throughout the islands, but California is the only other state that has their products.

So I might be able to make it out to Joppa for this. What's the deal? Everyone just hangin out while one or two big batches get cooked up, or is everyone supposed to haul their crap out there or what?

Well, we mostly all haul our crap :)

you dont have to, you can just come and hang out. or you could find someone who wanted to split 10Gs with you, and not haul, but thats not likely as we have some extract guys who dont have **** to bring :)

I actually thing I am good both on the 1 and the 15 dates. I just need to know whichever it is to tell the woman.

Flanders, eww yuck. (If you looking for someone to split, I'm in)

you want to use your kettle or mine? Just deciding if i need to plan another beer as well :D

you want to use your kettle or mine? Just deciding if i need to plan another beer as well :D

I am kicking around brewing another too, so I will bring my kettle regardless. I am thinking brown ale, amber ale, or hobgoblin clone. I have a tried and true brown ale recipe, and some yorkshire yeast slanted that we could use if you want to split that too.

If you want a double sour brew day, the brown can take some bugs.

I modified my kettle to allow me to recirculate with the pump while chilling. Not only does it drop the temp really fast, but it also leaves the wort free of cold break, not like the globby mess we had last time in the cream ale. I have done 2 batches with the recirculation and it is really efficient. Plus Mike wanted to see the pump in action.

Im actually not a fan of brown ales... dunno why.

I was thinking, we do have some extract people who dont have kettles, and they will need to pair with someone.

also I would like to make a wit, or maybe a berlierwiesser :D

or I could just end up with the red and be perfectly happy :D

Cool. I will bring some of my recent berliner. It should be done by then.

I still plan on making the brown or amber, so anyone interested in splitting, let me know.

Im actually not a fan of brown ales... dunno why.

I was thinking, we do have some extract people who dont have kettles, and they will need to pair with someone.

also I would like to make a wit, or maybe a berlierwiesser :D

or I could just end up with the red and be perfectly happy :D

Speaking of extract brewerz sans kettles... does anyone want to split a batch with moi? I'm on for pretty much anything, except for sour, fruit and lawnmower beerz.

For those that were there for the MGBOF conversation, my buddy sent me an email with the question below:
" Do you want me to show the monkeys cash and prizes, or is this a pg13 logo"

I told him to show some cash and prizes, but to tiptoe around PG13. His solution will be a strategic banana. As soon as he gets something together, I will either post it, or email it to interested parties. Depends on the actual image.

Yeah - I'd say if the Monkey was truly taking care of the football, you wouldn't see any cash and or prizes.

I really like the photo from earlier, or this one...

rtPsk.jpg

Something like those would be awesome.

Well, you could see the prizes. Think about wearing a short sleeve shirt and cleaning the bottom of a corney keg. While most of your arm goes in, your sleeve is outside the rim.

Well, you could see the prizes. Think about wearing a short sleeve shirt and cleaning the bottom of a corney keg. While most of your arm goes in, your sleeve is outside the rim.

That was one demented analogy. I LIKE IT!!!

So my split offer still stands for anyone interested, but I am brewing the brown this week, so I am thinking either a hoppy amber or an Irish stout.

So my split offer still stands for anyone interested, but I am brewing the brown this week, so I am thinking either a hoppy amber or an Irish stout.

just a thout, i got infor about making nosferatu by great lakes brewing this weekend. its one of the best ever beers! its a red ale with 8% and 75 ibus. perfect balance and super tasty!!!!

just a thout, i got infor about making nosferatu by great lakes brewing this weekend. its one of the best ever beers! its a red ale with 8% and 75 ibus. perfect balance and super tasty!!!!
Cripes, how is that a red ale?!? You are brewing that this weekend?

I have a thirst for an old peculier clone? Anyone interested in splitting a batch?
Could also do, bitter, ESB, APA, IPA (mild hoppiness, nothing too wild), brown ale, dubbel, biere de gard, saison, wheat beer, ....

Go on, be kind to a mere extract brewer with no gear!

I have a thirst for an old peculier clone? Anyone interested in splitting a batch?
Could also do, bitter, ESB, APA, IPA (mild hoppiness, nothing too wild), brown ale, dubbel, biere de gard, saison, wheat beer, ....

Go on, be kind to a mere extract brewer with no gear!

I'm not going to be there but your welcome to borrow the stuff needed to do AG, you just need to make a trip to Frederick to pick it up.

So I have kinda dealt with the urgency of my too much beer issue... kicked the Oatmeal stout and Imperial wit this weekend (had no idea the wit was close.....)

gonna keg up the Edmund fitzkitten (porter) the Kilted kitten (scottish 75) and the dunkelkitten (****ed up wiezenbock) tonight (or so goes the plan!) 2 of the 3 will be in the keggerator for cooling and carbing tonight! Im thinking the kilted kitten and the edmund fitzkitten! but well have to taste to determine.

Latest posts

Back