Austin Homebrew Supply Brewpots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaptk2

Reaction score
So I finally saved enough money to get the brew pot that I wanted I was Eurotanks 50 L one. AHS seems to have sold out of those so my question is do I get the smaller one (30L) or do I look for a bigger one? I just do 5gal batches right now but maybe someday do 10gals. What do you guys think?

I would think that one on sale would do fine - I've been looking at that one for a month! It's 30L (7.9 gallons!)

A 50l pot is 13.2 gallons, not big enough for a 10 gallon boil imo. I always do 5.5 gallon batches because you'll lose .5 gallon to trub and what not. So with boil off you'll be doing close to a 13 gallon or larger batch. I would go 15 gallon minimum for '"10"gallon batches.

You can't go wrong with the biggest pot you can afford. I have a 15 & 20 gallon and do mostly 5.5 gallon batches.

I just lowered the price on the 30L Eurotank. Which pot are you interested in. Let me see what I can do for you.

Forrest

Latest posts

Back