recipe with Rice !!??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irena

Reaction score
i read a recipe somewhere with 2-rows and rice as adjunct !!!
that was really simple beer,but i can'r remember where it was.does anyone know a recipe like that ?

The recipe said to use instant rice,can i use raw rice instead ? or boil raw rice for some minutes before mash ?

Raw rice will need to be milled and cooked before mashing. American Budweiser uses about 45% rice to 55% barley malt. I would suggest keeping the rice percentage to 15-25%.

The recipe said to use instant rice,can i use raw rice instead ? or boil raw rice for some minutes before mash ?

When I made that recipe, I used (not cooked, not flaked/ground) white rice with what appears to be full conversion. You could probably use brown rice too, but husked rice probably needs to be ground first. I did do a 30-minute protein rest at about 123°F, which may or may not have been necessary.

When I made that recipe, I used (not cooked, not flaked/ground) white rice with what appears to be full conversion. You could probably use brown rice too, but husked rice probably needs to be ground first. I did do a 30-minute protein rest at about 123°F, which may or may not have been necessary.

So you didn't use minute rice or pre boil it ?

Back