Pint glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unkle Danky

Reaction score
My pint glasses got ran through the dishwasher. Fingerprints show up on them really easy so I know there is a film on them. Is there a way to remove it? I read that it can kill head retention so I was curious.

When I got my glasses I told my wife they were not to go in the dishwasher.... however, there were so many used at Thanksgiving that she did exactly that... making me think I was going to have a problem with them. Not so... the head stays as long as it did, the lacing still clings... so for now, I'm dishwashering them. No rinse aid though.

If your glass gets run through the dishwasher it doesn't mean its ruined. Just rinse it out with some water and let it dry. No biggie.

If you are using detergent then no film should really form.

P.S. Is anyone weird like me and drink your beer by slowly rotating the glass to absorb the rings as you go or do you just let them sit and admire them?]

Occasionally, I will use a generous sprinkling of Iodized Table Salt on a wetted glass, inside and out. The NaCl does an excellent job of breaking down any residual films on the glass and has marked improvement on head retention and lacing grip.

I learned this from some on-line advert for a glass cleaner that claims "Brewery Clean" results. Could never find the stuff but, tried teh salt and IMO it really does work.

Not safe for labels tho'.

Meh.

Occasionally, I will use a generous sprinkling of Iodized Table Salt on a wetted glass, inside and out. The NaCl does an excellent job of breaking down any residual films on the glass and has marked improvement on head retention and lacing grip.

I learned this from some on-line advert for a glass cleaner that claims "Brewery Clean" results. Could never find the stuff but, tried teh salt and IMO it really does work.

Not safe for labels tho'.

Meh.

What I was going to say, put some table salt and water in, swish around, rinse thoroughly, you're good to go:mug:

Back