HBT - Fantasy Hockey League?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss75

Reaction score
Any one want to join an HBT fantsy hockey league. I like hockey, but not really an expert, so it should be pretty cut and dry.

Nice, I'll set an ESPN league. I'm new to fantasy sports myself, so I really want to keep it simple and friendly.

OK the HBT Enforcers hockey league is set up. PM me an email and I'll send you an invite. Let other homebrewers know.

OK, so what is involved with this fantasy league thing?

you create a fantasy account with ESPN. Then you PM me your email and I send you an invite. You prerank your players than try to keep the combination of players in your lineup that will perform best that week. Its about 15 min a week.

you create a fantasy account with ESPN. Then you PM me your email and I send you an invite. You prerank your players than try to keep the combination of players in your lineup that will perform best that week. Its about 15 min a week.

How are the players allotted to the participants in the league? Can players be traded?

How are the players allotted to the participants in the league? Can players be traded?

There's a a draft using a randomly selected order. After the draft you can trade between 'owners' or pick up players that were not draffted.

PM sent. Rules?

Rules its going to be a regular roto league. If anyone wants to sugest rule adjustments, let me know and we'll bat it around amongt the 'owners'.

The league is growing nicely and it looks like a good group. Anyone else should feel free to jump in no matter what your experience.

Nothing on this yet? Did the Commish die?
Female?
I take 1 long weekend to go to a wedding and people miss me that much? Its flattering.
Let's look to finish up recruitment and schedule a draft by the end of this week. The draft will be next week so try to pick an evening and I will schedule a time.
The rules are standard for a roto league, and you can look it up on ESPN. If anyone has any suggested changes, then we can put it to a vote.

My travel schedule is full the next couple weeks. I don't think it would be possible for me participate in a live draft anytime soon.

I would vote for the auto-draft but I'm just one guy. I'll abide by the consensus.

P.S. There is a message board dedicated for our league at the ESPN sight. I think HBT would be better served if we move this discussion over there rather than have duplicate thread here.

remember to keep the league to between 10-14 teams or you'll have a hard time filling rosters with decent players( not to dis on the 4th liners out there:D)

having said that i wanna try this since i get my but kicked in football:cross:

Hey, is this thing happening? Looks like we have 12 teams setup. We just need to get a draft going. Season starts in less than two weeks, so I suggest a random draft just to keep things fair. I doubt we'll find a date and time that everyone would be available to do a live draft.

Just my $.02.

What's the plan??

Yeah, its going to be an auto draft, unless theres a sudden influx of other usggestions. Most people want that.
Its not 'random' per say. It goes by your prerankings. Whichever players is on top of your rankings and available for your turn you get. So look at those and make adjustments. It should be fairly easy as ESPN has already ranked all players.

Yeah, its going to be an auto draft, unless theres a sudden influx of other usggestions. Most people want that.
Its not 'random' per say. It goes by your prerankings. Whichever players is on top of your rankings and available for your turn you get. So look at those and make adjustments. It should be fairly easy as ESPN has already ranked all players.

Yeah, it'll go by ESPN's rankings by default, which I'm fine with anyway. My hockey knowledge is very centered around the Northwest division since that's the only coverage I see on tv. My knowledge of the Eastern conference is fairly minimal.

This should be fun, good luck everyone! :rockin:

*EDIT* What happened to our 12th player? Don't we need an even number of teams? Or will one person be on bye per week?

I don't think so. I think its a roto league which means that everyone gets ranked based on the performance of their team and scores points that way. However, if one more person wants in, I think we can arrange that.

OK. We need some smack-talk in here!

Topic: Will New Jersey limp along with Kevin Weekes in goal, or might there be a deal for Khabibulin in the works? And either way, will it help me dig my netminders out of the stats basement?

BSB, sorry for your losses :)

(Side note: Why does c-h-a-t-t-e-r become *******?) What's wrong with that?

Back