Question about my Love controller.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor_b

Reaction score
I've searched tirelessly and I couldn't find anything. I presume this will be a simple question.

The temperature controller is a love tcs (I believe). I'm wanting to set a differential but am not positive on how to do so. Looking at the manual, there is 3 setting that could potentially deal with the differential:

r0- hysteresis or differential
r1- low end set point
r2- high end set point

I set the set point (SP) but I'm unsure how to set the differential.

For example: I set SP to 68 and don't want it going too much higher than that, so do I set r2 to 69 or whatever? Since I don't mind the fridge going slightly cooler so 65 might be good, do I set r1 for 65? Where does r0 come in?

Thanks for any help.

So r1 and r2 are pointless? Just need to set the set point, sp, and r0? If I set a 3 degree differential, r0 would be 3?

So r1 and r2 are pointless? Just need to set the set point, sp, and r0? If I set a 3 degree differential, r0 would be 3?

If your trying to maintain 50 degrees I would set SP at 48 and r0 at 3. So compressor comes on at 51 and shuts off at 48. Try the settings and see what happens. Documentation says you need to have d0 for cooling.

OK, I believe I understand it now. Ill try that out. So r1 and r2 can just get set to 0 since they are of no use in my application?

Back