Drilling Sanyo Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
Looking into doing a Sanyo mini fridge conversion. Is there any discreet place (other then tower area) that one could drill a second hole to allow my co2 tank to be outside?

On a related topic, can you carb your kegs using co2 (not the 30psi force carb) at room temperature? Or does that not work because of the varying solubility of CO2 with temperature?

I guess what I was thinking was have a co2 tank with 4-way manifold outside the fridge. Have one line running in to pressure 2 kegs in the fridge on tap. Then have 2 kegs carbing outside the fridge so they are ready to go when the other taps are empty.

You can carb at room temp, it just takes a higher psi. If room temp is 65 degrees and you want a carb of 2.3 then you need to set the psi at 26. The colder the temp the less pressure needed to carb with.
I'm not sure about drilling a hole anywhere other than the top of the fridge.

So it would be possible if I got one of the dual body regulators that you can set to different pressures. Thanks. I'm trying to creatively figure out a way I can make a kegerator that is upgradeable as I get more cash. But still liveable in the mean time.

I drilled my CO2 hole in the compressor hump in the lower back. It's just a thin piece of plastic.
You need to feel around in the back first to find a clear spot, and don't let your drill bit bust through all wild.

Not sure if the line would fit, but what about the drain hole?

ive heard people using the drain hole but i dont know how, its super small

I drilled mine through the side for two CO2 lines. I can get a pic and diemensions if you would like. The holes are down low and on the left side if your faceing the door. If you want the other side I can't help you.

Looking into doing a Sanyo mini fridge conversion. Is there any discreet place (other then tower area) that one could drill a second hole to allow my co2 tank to be outside?

I guess what I was thinking was have a co2 tank with 4-way manifold outside the fridge. Have one line running in to pressure 2 kegs in the fridge on tap. Then have 2 kegs carbing outside the fridge so they are ready to go when the other taps are empty.

i run mine through the drain plug with no problems then have a two way manifold inside.

i would get a regulator with two feeds off it and have one going through the drain plug to a two way distributor and the second one to another two way outsid eof the keg for conditioning

just took pics of it will post soon.

i put great stuff over the hole to help keep tube in place.
IMG00134.jpg

IMG00133.jpg

I just drilled two holes in the back on the bottom. I saw a picture here on the forum somewhere...

Gumby,

How is the water colection in there? I took the risk and drilled due to the fact that when the fridg goes into defrost mode it will drain off the ice water. I guess what I am asking is, does it make a lot or not enough to notice?

Gumby,

How is the water colection in there? I took the risk and drilled due to the fact that when the fridg goes into defrost mode it will drain off the ice water. I guess what I am asking is, does it make a lot or not enough to notice?

actually to my pleasant surprise i don't notice any difference. that was a concern of mine when initially putting it through the drain hole as well as applying great stuff. but very little difference if any.

i also found these here on the boards. these are pics of biermunchers, set up to do exactly what you want.
7451-Gas_Manifold_Installed_1.jpg

7451-Holes_In_Sanyo.jpg

actually to my pleasant surprise i don't notice any difference. that was a concern of mine when initially putting it through the drain hole as well as applying great stuff. but very little difference if any.

Good to know. Thanks.:mug:

Back