Reusing A Must?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a must that explicitly said DO NOT SQUEEZE...or DO NOT MASH the pulp? What if there was a LOT of pulp and flavor and stuff left...would you even consider adding water, taking a hydrometer reading and adding sugar to try to squeeze another gallon out of the must?

Has anyone ever made a must that explicitly said DO NOT SQUEEZE...or DO NOT MASH the pulp? What if there was a LOT of pulp and flavor and stuff left...would you even consider adding water, taking a hydrometer reading and adding sugar to try to squeeze another gallon out of the must?

Sure, that's called a "second wine". Usually, you would also add some fresh fermentables.

Sure, that's called a "second wine". Usually, you would also add some fresh fermentables.
Thanks...I wanted to ask if anyone has done it before admitting that I just did lol.... Asian pears must tasted REALLY good. I just strained it and didn't mash or squeeze anything, so I added some water, and sugar and gonna try it ....

Neighbor was mowing his field today so I walked over to say hi. ( older gentleman, nice as he can be) I told him about the new hobby of wine making and he told me his wife made some on occasion with their grapes. I didn't realize but he has a small grape arbor( right word?) and offered to get a couple of starts for me to transplant in my yard.

I plan on doing this with my blackberry wine. I'll add water and sugar for a gravity of 1.040 and make a cider-like second.

Latest posts

Back